Ebay Airshocks... Good reviews, any experience with them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 08 Yukon Denali just turned 163K and still has original rear shocks. Amazingly, compressor still works and shocks aren't leaking, but my ride could be more comfortable on bumpy roads. With recent transmission and front diff replacement, I don't have the funds (or justification) to replace with OEM shocks right now (or maybe ever). I have been looking at the Arnott passive replacements, but I came across these aftermarket airshocks on eBay and see many great reviews: https://www.ebay.com/itm/REAR-AIR-R...CHEVROLET-GMC-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-/252722587479

Wondering if anyone has experience with these. Also, despite my shocks not leaking, would there be a great improvement in my ride to replace them?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 08 Yukon Denali just turned 163K and still has original rear shocks. Amazingly, compressor still works and shocks aren't leaking, but my ride could be more comfortable on bumpy roads. With recent transmission and front diff replacement, I don't have the funds (or justification) to replace with OEM shocks right now (or maybe ever). I have been looking at the Arnott passive replacements, but I came across these aftermarket airshocks on eBay and see many great reviews: https://www.ebay.com/itm/REAR-AIR-R...CHEVROLET-GMC-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-/252722587479

Wondering if anyone has experience with these. Also, despite my shocks not leaking, would there be a great improvement in my ride to replace them?
I would be a little leery putting these on my vehicle. I suggest going with the Arnott 2700 (new) or Arnott 2708 (rebuilt) shocks for your vehicle. They cost a little more, but I trust Arnott's quality and have had good luck with them on my various vehicles. Arnott used to offer a rebate on the 2700's if you send in your old shocks. Not sure if that is still the case, but will be looking soon as I need to replace the rears on my 2013 XL Denali and will be going with Arnott's.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look identical to the ones that I bought a couple summers ago to replace my shot OEM air ride shocks. They were cheap made Chinese product, despite the listing saying “made in the USA”. They lasted less than a year. Passenger side blew a hole in the air bladder driving in a little bit of spring snow late in the season. Ended up having to replace them. I had a chance to grab a set of lightly used arnott passive shocks from another member and OEM front auto ride shocks, and my truck rides fantastic. The arnotts have held up through quite a bit of use perfectly and ride really well, a little bit of towing last year and the couple hundred pounds of my detailing gear in the back almost all the time.

OP
OP
KATfishing

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look identical to the ones that I bought a couple summers ago to replace my shot OEM air ride shocks. They were cheap made Chinese product, despite the listing saying “made in the USA”. They lasted less than a year. Passenger side blew a hole in the air bladder driving in a little bit of spring snow late in the season. Ended up having to replace them. I had a chance to grab a set of lightly used arnott passive shocks from another member and OEM front auto ride shocks, and my truck rides fantastic. The arnotts have held up through quite a bit of use perfectly and ride really well, a little bit of towing last year and the couple hundred pounds of my detailing gear in the back almost all the time.

Thanks for sharing this. Guessing I'll stay the course for the Arnott shocks. How many miles on your vehicle before you replaced them the first time? Did you wait until they leaked, or did you replace them for a better ride prior to them leaking? Just wondering if it's worth replacing before they leak or not. Guessing my 163K is probably on the high end of still in service on originals?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. Guessing I'll stay the course for the Arnott shocks. How many miles on your vehicle before you replaced them the first time? Did you wait until they leaked, or did you replace them for a better ride prior to them leaking? Just wondering if it's worth replacing before they leak or not. Guessing my 163K is probably on the high end of still in service on originals?
They were already shot when I bought the truck with 74k on the odometer in 2015. In 2017 when I started to do some small towing i realized they were shot when I didn’t hear the compressor kicking on. The shocks rode fine, somewhat soft and the truck itself stayed pretty level. But when I replaced them I noticed a huge difference in ride quality! I believe the first time I replaced OEM air shocks it was right around 100k on the odometer. That was the summer of 2017 I think. First replacement shock blew out in April, not quite a year later and I ordered another set that were supposedly arnott shocks to replace them, again from ebay, and they again were cheap Chinese knockoffs. Spending the extra for genuine arnott shocks is worth the price tag and a no brainer with the warranty that comes along with them! Rock auto is a good source to get genuine arnotts and I believe there’s a discount code through the forum for rock auto. The knock off arnotts were holding up but when I had the chance to pick up the arnotts and the oem fronts from another member for an absolute steal of a deal I didn’t think twice! And the ride quality is even better now!

OP
OP
KATfishing

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were already shot when I bought the truck with 74k on the odometer in 2015. In 2017 when I started to do some small towing i realized they were shot when I didn’t hear the compressor kicking on. The shocks rode fine, somewhat soft and the truck itself stayed pretty level. But when I replaced them I noticed a huge difference in ride quality! I believe the first time I replaced OEM air shocks it was right around 100k on the odometer. That was the summer of 2017 I think. First replacement shock blew out in April, not quite a year later and I ordered another set that were supposedly arnott shocks to replace them, again from ebay, and they again were cheap Chinese knockoffs. Spending the extra for genuine arnott shocks is worth the price tag and a no brainer with the warranty that comes along with them! Rock auto is a good source to get genuine arnotts and I believe there’s a discount code through the forum for rock auto. The knock off arnotts were holding up but when I had the chance to pick up the arnotts and the oem fronts from another member for an absolute steal of a deal I didn’t think twice! And the ride quality is even better now!

This is great info! Thanks for taking the time. I see a lot of Arnotts on eBay and I assumed by the listings that they are genuine. Guess I need to look more closely. I'll check Rock Auto. Guessing I'm overdue. My compressor is still working and the shocks are still holding air. Despite this, I wonder if they lose their shock absorption even though they still auto level. I imagine I would feel a difference.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is great info! Thanks for taking the time. I see a lot of Arnotts on eBay and I assumed by the listings that they are genuine. Guess I need to look more closely. I'll check Rock Auto. Guessing I'm overdue. My compressor is still working and the shocks are still holding air. Despite this, I wonder if they lose their shock absorption even though they still auto level. I imagine I would feel a difference.

If you truly have the original rear shocks on at 163K, I would say you’ve gotten all that you’re going to get out of them and they are probably shot. I have typically only gotten 100K out of a set.

OP
OP
KATfishing

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you truly have the original rear shocks on at 163K, I would say you’ve gotten all that you’re going to get out of them and they are probably shot. I have typically only gotten 100K out of a set.

Might explain why the road is a little bumpy - haha. My wife got a little car sick the other day from a country road when riding with me. But dang, that heated steering wheel sure is still nice in its original form. Guess I better look at replacing those shocks!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would assume that just like any other shock, regardless of air or not, will wear out over time and miles driven and lose its absorbing properties. Then again what do I know?! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz