Easy solution for adding fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just watched a really good two part video a guy posted on YouTube outlining this project extremely easily. He provided a link to a company called GEN5DIY who offers a pre assembled harness you can buy that simplifies install. Going to be tackling the project soon. Figured I'd leave this for others:

VID 1- Fog install

VID 2- Wiring

GEN5DIY wiring harness:
https://www.gen5diy.com/products/copy-of-2015-2018-chevrolet-suburban-foglight-harness-1

Lamp assemblies: 23332241 & 23332241

Brackets: 22936482 & 22936483

87nokturnal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered the same harness from gen5diy for my 2017 tahoe. Installed harness and fog lights in about 1.5 hours. Easy install.

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
87nokturnal,

That is great news. Did you use OEM Fog lights?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For any interested, I’m working on a way to add fog lights with OEM functionality. I’ve got it mapped out. You’ll be able to turn them off and on with the correct headlight switch.

I have a Yukon SLT that already has fogs. So I need a volunteer. I’ll handle designing the harness. You’d be responsible for the cost of parts and sourcing the OE fogs and headlight switch. I’ll even handle the install if you’re in the Mobile, AL area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vetjunkie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would be interested in adding factory fog lights on my 2017 Tahoe that function like OEM. If you wouldn't mind sharing info. Thanks

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got harness - use code DADSANDGRADS for discount at gen5diy. I am now looking at assemblies - do we need to add the black or chrome eyebrows?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Tahoe_SSV

Reaction score
For any interested, I’m working on a way to add fog lights with OEM functionality. I’ve got it mapped out. You’ll be able to turn them off and on with the correct headlight switch.

I have a Yukon SLT that already has fogs. So I need a volunteer. I’ll handle designing the harness. You’d be responsible for the cost of parts and sourcing the OE fogs and headlight switch. I’ll even handle the install if you’re in the Mobile, AL area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have an 09 Tahoe SSV. I'm looking to add fog lights that work with OEM switch. Since my truck didn't come with fog lights I already bought switch and installed. I bought a $20 fog light kit off Amazon ( fake OEM ) they came with plugs that go to lights. I need to know what I have to do now. Where to tap into switch etc. Any help would be appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442