E Rated tire psi for 1/2ton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Load range E. What does the sidewall air pressure say? That is for a load condition. Run it 10 lower psi otherwise. Too much air will wear the center of tire out first. Too little air will wear the edges out first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
liquify33

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Load range E. What does the sidewall air pressure say? That is for a load condition. Run it 10 psi otherwise. Too much air will wear the center of tire out first. Too little air will wear the edges out first.

80 under load
Neighbor with a 2500 diesel runs his E’s @ 50 unloaded. By the specs 23-ish is about right for 1,700 per tire (based on factory #s).

It rides well @ 30, 35 was harsh but they were brand new and feel better now with a couple hundred miles on them.
I don’t wanna kill them, but I don’t want to kill my back either!!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Personally, those lower pressures are too low, IMO. The load range E tire has the stiffer/layered sidewalls and to go that low on pressure seems like it would flex them too much and weaken them. Again, IMO.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I meant to say 10psi lower than load air pressure. You can play with that but I like to get the max wear out of my tires and sometimes comfort be damned. I haven't ran a load range E tire in so long. Plus, they always have the taller sidewall. E is for a truck tire and those have the taller sidewall.

OP
OP
liquify33

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50 psi rides well, thanks as always to wisdom and experience of the OBS crew.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 33in BfG KO2 load E at 35psi when empty and 45-50 loaded. Any more psi empty and it feels like I'm riding a basket ball. They have worn very well but I rotate every 3-5k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts