E fan wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys I was looking for some help on wiring. I have the e fans and the factory harness from a 07 Silverado. I'm not doing a tune so there fore I won't have the option of activating the empty pin. What I was going to do is install the fans and harness. Then put one fan on a toggle switch and tap the other into the ac so it will come on automatically. But I'm slightly stumped on how to make this work. Do I cut the hot wire for the fan and send it from the relay to the switch then from the switch to the fan? Also I was reading and confused myself on the relay set up for the ac. What's the best way to tap into that for the second fan. Thanks

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your truck is an 03 or newer it would be much easier to pay to activate your pins and wire as normal. you don't have to do a tune and it would be a lot more reliable. using a factory harness and wiring into a switch is going to get confusing..i'll leave that to someone like @ScottyBoy

OP
OP
Crcz71

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. So an update. Scotty boy been helping me out on this and it's getting there. I have the ac fan functioning, Scottyboy told me to try the same setup on the other fan to see if it will work. It does but doesn't. It will fire the fan but both of them and on low. So it looks as if I will have to use a fuse relay and switch outside the factory harness to make this work till I get my tune

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts