Dual battery and Big 3 pix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of my dual battery set up. I also did the Big 3 in 0 gauge but its hard to get a decent pic of the wires. My voltage is holding up a lot better since I've added the second battery. When these go dead I plan to swap them out with two Diehard Platinums. My primary battery is a Shuriken 80 and the second battery is a Carquest 70 amp hour battery that I had originally but swapped for the Shuriken then just moved it over to the other battery tray. I used all Rockford Fosgate 0 gauge wiring, a knu koncepts and two Rockford battery terminals and a cheap brass terminal from Advanced Auto, a Rockford inline fuse and Rockford circuit breaker. I'm going to get some wire management clips and get rid of the zip ties to clean it up. I also have a stinger volt meter to manage my voltage better. I'll add a pic later if you guys want to see it. Thx for looking.

6165bfa1-7f53-34cb.jpg
6165bfa1-7f61-0e69.jpg
6165bfa1-7f6f-1e58.jpg
6165bfa1-7f7f-a787.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great wish you could do mine haha

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great wish you could do mine haha

Thx buddy. Do you plan to do your own install? It isn't too hard. If you follow Modded's thread on the Big 3, you should be able to get by. Make sure you have the right tools b/c it will make it 100x easier.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No prob and I will do it if I can't find anyone to do it here

wtrjock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great! I didn't know a battery would fit over there!

sparks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love it but be careful about havinng mismatched batteries. just like anything, each model is different, so it will charge/discharge differently. this could shorten the life of both and possibily cause some serious issues. just be safe, ive seen very bad things happen. you did do a very nice job on the wiring though, keep up the modding!!

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

please dont take what i said as being bad, i would just hate to see something bad happen to anyone on the forum, we all put so much hard work into our trucks, it would be heartbreaking to see something ba happen!!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice.

When I took a second battery to the dealer they didn't know how to install it. They had to call GM who apparently told them I'd need a brand new harness like the ones they use on the factory dual battery setups. ****** wanted stupid money for part and labor.

But he did tell me that the voltage is controlled via the computer, and that I could add all the batteries and upgraded cables all I wanted and it still wouldn't change the voltage. :shrug:

utley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
clean im looking to do this in the next week or so.

OP
OP
Denali0229

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love it but be careful about havinng mismatched batteries. just like anything, each model is different, so it will charge/discharge differently. this could shorten the life of both and possibily cause some serious issues. just be safe, ive seen very bad things happen. you did do a very nice job on the wiring though, keep up the modding!!

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

please dont take what i said as being bad, i would just hate to see something bad happen to anyone on the forum, we all put so much hard work into our trucks, it would be heartbreaking to see something ba happen!!

No offense taken. Thx for the kind words.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork