Drop Kit Install Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to add helper bags soon and hopes it raises the back just a little bit to give it some more rake.

I may take the running boards off to see how it looks. It feels awkward getting out now because the running boards are kind of in the way now.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you were 1 inch lower in front on one side vs other before the drop? What does it measure now? you left spacers in the back?

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D81E33B2-0EE1-4D4F-8587-79B3F4E185A6.jpg

Didn't get started until late yesterday morning but got the drop kit installed. Didn't have a chance to do the brake upgrades because I forgot we had a wedding reception to attend early in the evening. Drives much better now than before! Tweaking the torsion bars today and cruising around and then re-measuring. Dropping off at the alignment shop tomorrow. It is much lower than I thought it would be, but I love it.

that looks really good. imo i would leave the running boards i think it gives it an even lower look. love the wheels!!!!

OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you were 1 inch lower in front on one side vs other before the drop? What does it measure now? you left spacers in the back?

The previous owner jacked with the torsion bars and had it lower on one side. I never bothered to adjust them back to level because I was waiting to drop it.

I'm at 33 1/8 in the front and 33 5/8 in the rear. I do not have the spacers in the rear.

that looks really good. imo i would leave the running boards i think it gives it an even lower look. love the wheels!!!!

I agree it gives it an even lower look. I may even add the front air dam lip from the suburbans to make the front look even lower.

OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tahoe looks great! Wish I had access to a shop to do my work!

Thanks. My parents actually own the mechanic shop, but getting access to it is not as easy as you would think! I can typically only use it if they are closed for business on that Saturday and if one of the 8 or 9 lifts is available. I also get hounded for any mess I make even if I make sure it is spotless when I leave.

dhulsey779

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do the free travel mod to the rear? Looks good with no spacer in the rear but I agree and think the running boards make the whole drop look better as well.
Just got my endlinks in from Tony, so hopefully soon I be dropping mine as well with the same kit.

OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did do the free travel mod to the rear; so worth it. We took it down the worst road that I know of and it handled tremendously and never bottomed out.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
free tavel mod needed with more than 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700