DRL to delayed turn signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler Gober

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so I'm wanting to turn my DRL(the ones next to my turn signals) into another turn signal. One that blinks when the actual turn signal isn't. Like
Drl on > turn signal off
To
Turn signal on >drl off

And back and forth until I turn my signals off

How can I do this?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like the old square body Chevy truck alternating turn signals right? It’s gotta be grounded a certain way. Try looking up a turn signal schematic for like an 88-91 Suburban.

OP
OP
Tyler Gober

Tyler Gober

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just like the old square body Chevy truck alternating turn signals right? It’s gotta be grounded a certain way. Try looking up a turn signal schematic for like an 88-91 Suburban.
Yes i do believe so and alright ill look that up

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I'm wanting to turn my DRL(the ones next to my turn signals) into another turn signal. One that blinks when the actual turn signal isn't. Like
Drl on > turn signal off
To
Turn signal on >drl off

And back and forth until I turn my signals off

How can I do this?
with a relay and duo 3157 socket

you will want to use the dimmer filament for the DRL

you will need a 8 pin relay for that

photo source
f150online.com/forums/illumination-lighting/484446-3157-194-switchback-led-bulbs-logo-courtesy-lights-2.html
this is for a switch back bulb
194SwitchbackPolarityModule3.jpg

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That'll work i appreciate it
i suggest getting socket extensions so it can easily be converted back so you don't have to cut the factory wires harness

bit OCD about cutting up the factory wires harness.. ;) unless it's positively necessary
in this case it's not since they sell wire socket extensions that can be chopped up .. unless you are going to go all in soldering them and shrink wrap etc..

OP
OP
Tyler Gober

Tyler Gober

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i suggest getting socket extensions so it can easily be converted back so you don't have to cut the factory wires harness

bit OCD about cutting up the factory wires harness.. ;) unless it's positively necessary
in this case it's not since they sell wire socket extensions that can be chopped up .. unless you are going to go all in soldering them and shrink wrap etc..
I'm the same way. I got the male and female connectors for the radio wire harness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019