DRL flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok this problem Is strange and I'll be suprissed if anyone can figure it out. So my passenger side drl when I first get in my truck truns on normaly, sometimes after driving for around half an hour it stil stays on, But some times It turns off and when Im In traffic I notice It In my reflection on other cars. Now heres the weird part, when Im playing music and the bass hits the light flickers to the bass like not perfectly but as If the connections loose. I checked the connections and their all perfect, when my amp and subs arent running and Im only using the stock stereo the bass doesn't affect the drl... and its only my passenger side. Any input helps :)

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you changed the bulb? Might be just good enough connection inside to turn on and off... Although that would be kind of cool to have your lights beat to your music... Of course the police might not think so.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a regular bulb? I put in the LED bulbs, they were $15.00 for the pair and they burnt out within months... My DRL's are now just off... Actually thought about making them into a blinker, to blink with the amber light.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could check it with a meter, use a needle one, not the digital type as it might tell you whether or not you are getting a bad connection. THe needle will bounce around, the digital meters in my experience are less likely to show a bad connection, as there is usually a delay and the display lasts for 1 second or so. The needle type shows the pulse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076