Driving a PPV. Do you get pulled over more?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
No lightbar on mine but I occasionally get the wave from local Leo's and others while driving. People ahead of me also pay for my coffee in starbucks drive thru's. I pay that forward though and give my cop buddy Starbucks gift cards to pass out to his coworkers. Last year I tallied up over a hundred bucks. Love my SSV, lol.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is down to what county I am in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, Kern county, clear up to San Luis Obispo County not a single look or follow maybe a wave or a nod, But once I hit Orange county area, had one follow me for 9 miles before I pulled into a gas station and he parked in the parking lot next door after 10 mins he left, almost hit a motorcycle cop he was hiding in my blind spot for couple miles then lane splitting and almost took out my passenger side mirror on a city street in construction area. Funny thing you can tell when people first notice/spot you getting on the freeway driving on the freeway hitting the brakes when no is in front of them, switch lanes quickly or swerving. I remember one time pulled over on the side of the road a caused a traffic jam of people slowing down so I avoid being seen from the street. Had a trucker that I was parked next to asked if he can park here in this dirt lot as I was eating my lunch in and said I was not a cop, but asked multiple times after I said again I was not a cop.

I get more curiosity then anything else when I park/driving, where did you get it? how many miles? How much did you pay? Can it still have spotlights/Grill Guard/white roof? What did you have to fix on it? How much where the repairs?. I think I had one lady threaten to call the cops on me for impersonation of a officer.

Attachments

• Camping.jpg
    Camping.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 15

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is down to what county I am in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, Kern county, clear up to San Luis Obispo County not a single look or follow maybe a wave or a nod, But once I hit Orange county area, had one follow me for 9 miles before I pulled into a gas station and he parked in the parking lot next door after 10 mins he left, almost hit a motorcycle cop he was hiding in my blind spot for couple miles then lane splitting and almost took out my passenger side mirror on a city street in construction area. Funny thing you can tell when people first notice/spot you getting on the freeway driving on the freeway hitting the brakes when no is in front of them, switch lanes quickly or swerving. I remember one time pulled over on the side of the road a caused a traffic jam of people slowing down so I avoid being seen from the street. Had a trucker that I was parked next to asked if he can park here in this dirt lot as I was eating my lunch in and said I was not a cop, but asked multiple times after I said again I was not a cop.

I get more curiosity then anything else when I park/driving, where did you get it? how many miles? How much did you pay? Can it still have spotlights/Grill Guard/white roof? What did you have to fix on it? How much where the repairs?. I think I had one lady threaten to call the cops on me for impersonation of a officer.
Sweet looking truck.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all up to interpretation, they certainly can pull you if there is any question. It's literally going to vary from county to county, no matter what state you are in. Not a good idea, regardless. If it were a Subaru Forrester with a LED lightbar, it would be totally different. Personally, with my own experience and profession, I don't recommend running any color lightbar on a PPV........you are asking to get "on the map".

As for the topic of the thread, I've never been pulled.....but I get lots of waves so I return them. :)
Pretty much the same experience here too. They wave, I wave back and all is good.

Redbone1483

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haven’t had any issues yet with mine but I ve only had it since May of this year. I have driven it a few thousand miles and all I’ve gotten was waves and nods only one cop decided to haul ass up behind me like he was someone then drive around me.

Attachments

• 4C9F24FF-2AE4-4B71-B320-3B3345942546.jpeg
    4C9F24FF-2AE4-4B71-B320-3B3345942546.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 11

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I lived in the Raleigh area, I never had any issues. Nobody would pass and all cops would wave. My wife didn't believe me until she witnessed it going to the beach, literally 14 cars next to us and behind, pretty funny if you ask me.
When I moved to the coast, that was a different story. The first few months they had a field day with me. No tickets just bustin my balls. I think I went through the entire department and they finally let me be.
I get the typical questions most of the time. Where'd you get it and is it fast. One guy asked to buy it haha.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely forgot about that one, that is probably the number one question anyone asks. I wish I could find this "chip" maybe a few fries and some cookie crumbs but no chip.

Huh, wonder why it wouldn't let me quote Mr. Cranium?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever seen anybody run away from you? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo