Drivers side mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So I noticed a month or so back that the mirror in my drivers side mirror shakes. Its annoying as hell to try and look behind me when it shakes. Is there a way to tighten it up or do I need to replace it?

:shrug:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
turn the bass down? :confused:

:laughing1:

Actually if you pull the glass off, the motor is held on with 4 star head bolts... so that's what could be loose.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
turn the bass down? :confused:

:laughing1:

Actually if you pull the glass off, the motor is held on with 4 star head bolts... so that's what could be loose.

I wish it was bass, do i just firmly but carefully pull on the glass or do I take the cover off the back?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish it was bass, do i just firmly but carefully pull on the glass or do I take the cover off the back?

push/move mirror all the way up so you can get a hold of the bottom/top of mirror, and gently pry the mirror away. It's held on by 4 plastic snap brackets. Just before you think you'll bust it, it wil come loose. I've done it plenty of times. then you'll see the motor it's attached to and that motor is mounted with 4 screws.

here is one of mine COMPLETELY taken apart...
photo-3.jpg

Mirror is top left. You can see the round part in the middle is molded to go around the motor.

(sorry, only good pic I got... I'd go rip my off real quick, but it's raining)

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Thanks nathan. So i popped mine of and one of the clips that hold it was broke. I had bought ian's mirrors off him a while back so i had one to replace it w/. Put the new one in and went to put the old one back in the other mirror, soooo the damn thing broke in the middle when i applied the pressure to snap it back in....wtf. oh well, i was just gonna use it as a spare anyways. Thanks again nathan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenn046