Driver's Side Keyhole Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd wanted to "block" out the single driver's side key hole cover on my Yukon since I bought it. There was a kit available (requiring the removal of the handle mechanism) but I wanted something simple, that I could remove easily in case of the dead battery.
I had the thought a hole plug would work, but couldn't find one for the longest time. The other day I tried it again and came across these little 15 mm hole plugs. They're shallow, molded in black ABS and can be sanded/cut to change the rear profile.
A measurements with a caliper and about 3 minutes of sanding and this popped right in. I was going to paint it, but on the test fit, it practically disappeared, a drop of silicone to hold it in place (I don't know how long it will hold it in place) but at .4 cents a piece, I bought 25 of them and can replace them whenever.
Minimum effort and the effect is pretty close to what I was looking for-
I picked them up from a company called "WidgetCo.com" and they had several sizes available. You could paint it to color match, even change the profile to sit near flush, which I may do in the future, but I'm happy with the look-

Doorhandle.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat