Driver's seat smashes toes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OmegaRoach

Reaction score
Has anyone else's kids had their toes smashed by the front seat sliding back when turning off the car? It has happened twice to two of my girls. Very scary and painful situation.
I know I should be able to turn the feature off, but the design shouldn't allow for that in the first place.

AReeves08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When installing my kid's car seats, I quickly realized that would be a problem. With my little one's rear facing seat, I had to adjust the pedals and steering wheel as far forward as I could to get to keep the seat back from touching his car seat. With the easy out feature, it would push the car seat up and out of position. I can imagine what it'd do to a kid in a forward-facing seat.

OP
OP
OmegaRoach

OmegaRoach

Reaction score
My daughter's are 11 and 8 and not in car seats. I think they both rested their feet in a position that the seat collapses on with the easy out feature. They couldn't even get their feet out without me moving the seat. All the while they were screaming in pain. VERY SCARY.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My seat doesn't do that, probably because there's an option to turn it off and/or I never turned it on. I would go play around with the settings tab on the center screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n