Drivers seat movement at low speed turns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2016 Suburban drivers seat has started to make noticeable movement during slow turns. A google search got me to Silverado seat movement. There is a TSB but the long term fix appears to be using hose clamps. I'm going to try tomorrow and will let you know if it works long term.

Here is the involved GM fix - and below is the simple hose clamp fix.

one side.JPG other side.JPG

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did that in June of 2014 after buying my 2015 Tahoe in May 2014.

GM didn't offer a fix until sometime in 2016. There is an official fix. But I can tell you that my seat remained "fixed" for 4yrs and 40k miles with the rubber hose and clamp fix

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just know how any possible future repairs are voided due to fixing it yourself even though the DIY makes more sense is faster and cheaper

OP
OP
Burby

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - reporting back that the hose clamp fix worked and it completely eliminated it. I used some cut up garden hose for the rubber part. The rubber tube piece only purpose is to keep the metal clamps in place. The 2 clamps are what prevents lateral movement of the white pieces along the bar.

I wiped the grease off the bar in those areas before placing the clamps. After reading over the TSB I would never let anyone dig into my seat with such a crazy complicated fix. This was an easy fix and I am willing to bet that this home brew fix was actually put out by GM on the down low.

Edit to report still holding after 2 months.

Last edited:

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - reporting back that the hose clamp fix worked and it completely eliminated it. I used some cut up garden hose for the rubber part. The rubber tube piece only purpose is to keep the metal clamp in place. The clamp itself is what prevents lateral movement of the white pieces along the bar.

I wiped the grease off the bar in those areas before placing the clamps. After reading over the TSB I would never let anyone dig into my seat with such a crazy complicated fix. This was an easy fix and I am willing to bet that this home brew fix was actually put out by GM on the down low.

I have been noticing this problem on my wife's 2015 Yukon, hard to tell from the pics but does it take just 2 clamps on each side of this plastic piece? Thanks,

MarkH42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2016 Suburban drivers seat has started to make noticeable movement during slow turns. A google search got me to Silverado seat movement. There is a TSB but the long term fix appears to be using hose clamps. I'm going to try tomorrow and will let you know if it works long term.

Here is the involved GM fix - and below is the simple hose clamp fix.

View attachment 223823 View attachment 223824
I hate to be dense about this, but I'm feeling around under there and I can't figure out what I am hose-clamping TO...... I thought the hose clamp would go around the round part and something else, so I would be binding them together, but maybe the fix is just the rubber part of the clamp butting tightly against the white part that protrudes from the bracket at the top? Is this correct, or is there some way I'm not seeing to route the hose clamp over or through something else so that I'm clamping two parts together? Feeling pretty dumb that I can't figure this out.

OP
OP
Burby

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was approaching this the same way you were - but note the rubber is just there to keep the clamp from sliding. So either the rubber or metal clamp can butt up against the white plastic part. You are simply preventing any movement of the plastic part.