Drivers door power lock wont' work with door open partial

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDC9966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange thing started over the past month. To start the drivers side door will not lock with the keys in the ignition if the drivers side door is locked. That is good and has saved me from locking my keys up a few times.

But now, with the keys out of the ignition the drivers side lock buttons wont operate the door locks when the door is all the way open or when it is open 1/4 way. If the door is open 1/2 way the switch will work the locks fine. The remote works the power locks fine all the time. It's like there is a switch someplace that is sticking that tells the car the door is not in the right position to allow the power locks to work. Anyone had that problem?
Thanks,

OP
OP
MDC9966

MDC9966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the weirdes thing, when the drivers door is open all the way it won't lock or unlock from the door switch or remote or the other switch on the passenger door. If I close the door about half way, it starts to work again. Any ideas anybody?

joshcarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it sounds like it could be something in the actual wiring itself. have you pulled the door panel off yet? i'd check the wiring from behind the kick panel through the rubber conduit and to the lock switch for chafing, pinches, or anything else funky. if that checks out, maybe a hotwire +12v directly to the switch to see if that works.