Drivers door does t always latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i seem to have to slam the door sometimes to make it latch. Everything appears to line up. When I close it slow from the outside, I can feel the first latch and it hooks. If I push it slowly from there the door goes all the way closed but doesn’t latch. Pushing will latch all the other doors but the drivers seems to need to bang closed a but to latch?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing’s been hit right? Try the easy stuff first like lubing the latched really well, making sure the striker is tight and lubed check your hinges and pins and check the weatherstripping. You might also look for any areas where paint is missing along the bottom.

OP
OP
S

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the wrong forum My truck is a 2004 Denali
I don’t think it has been bent or crashed. Lubed the latch.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok if everything lines up and there’s no weatherstripping or binding from the hinges it may be time to remove the door panel so you can see from the inside. You may just have some tightening to do.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the wrong forum My truck is a 2004 Denali
I don’t think it has been bent or crashed. Lubed the latch.

I had this same issue on my 2004 Silverado. It ended up being something wrong inside the lock assembly. Not too tough to replace and run around $150 +/- depending on where you get it from. Can you test it using a punch or big screw driver to simulate the post and see what happens?

OP
OP
S

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same issue on my 2004 Silverado. It ended up being something wrong inside the lock assembly. Not too tough to replace and run around $150 +/- depending on where you get it from. Can you test it using a punch or big screw driver to simulate the post and see what happens?

Thanks for the suggestion... I'll give this a try

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645