Drivers door ajar...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J444HN

Reaction score
Hi,

Please help.
My drivers door is closed but the DIC says drivers door ajar and the dome light stays on.
My alarm won't set either.

Please help.

Thanks for reading.

2005 Escalade by the way.

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would assume their is a sensor of some sort that senses if the door is open, I would start by replacing that.

Vsanchez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the door jamb switch on a 02 Tahoe to test it because my interior light won't turn on when the doors opens, any ideas?

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the door jamb switch on a 02 Tahoe to test it because my interior light won't turn on when the doors opens, any ideas?

Is your dome light override switch pushed in? It's the little button right by the headlight knob.

Vsanchez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is your dome light override switch pushed in? It's the little button right by the headlight knob.

Yes I tried that already, I checked the fuses, the light bulbs and they are good, when I bought my Tahoe it came with an aftermarket stereo, and I came across online that if you have an aftermarket stereo it can affect the lights chimes Etc... Is this true?