Driver Speaker Quit-Where to Start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I didn't know that all the dinger/tone warnings noises came thru the driver's door speaker till I had the speakers problem on my girl's TrailBlazer and a member at GMTNation cued me in. One of the very helpful member's there is also a member here. It is @TollKeeper. There are some very knowledgeable members there and they have helped me immensely on the TB my girl owns.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know that all the dinger/tone warnings noises came thru the driver's door speaker till I had the speakers problem on my girl's TrailBlazer and a member at GMTNation cued me in. One of the very helpful member's there is also a member here. It is @TollKeeper. There are some very knowledgeable members there and they have helped me immensely on the TB my girl owns.
Thanks! I'll check them out. Like I need another forum right? LOL! I think I'm already on 6! Multiple brand vehicles and Harley's. You, and other members here have been very helpful.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With you having the base radio, I am not sure there is the built in cross over for the A-Pilar tweeter. So the question is, why is the speaker there, when you dont have the uplevel audio?? Maybe the assembly line installed the wrong part? Didnt have the correct A-Pilar trim, and they used what they had? Who knows!

You could wire in the tweeter, but you will change the power draw, and ohm of the line for the radio, and since the crossover isnt there, the tweeter would also be trying to play all the tones that its not designed for.

Leave it out would be my suggestion.

Dont forget, you can also replace the speaker MUCH cheaper thru eBay, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, or a local salvage yard.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With you having the base radio, I am not sure there is the built in cross over for the A-Pilar tweeter. So the question is, why is the speaker there, when you dont have the uplevel audio?? Maybe the assembly line installed the wrong part? Didnt have the correct A-Pilar trim, and they used what they had? Who knows!

You could wire in the tweeter, but you will change the power draw, and ohm of the line for the radio, and since the crossover isnt there, the tweeter would also be trying to play all the tones that its not designed for.

Leave it out would be my suggestion.

Dont forget, you can also replace the speaker MUCH cheaper thru eBay, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, or a local salvage yard.
Thanks! Its not in the pillar, it's just right above the bigger speaker in the door. I thought it odd it's not connected though and was just considering wiring it in too. But, you bring up a good point, may be too much draw. I didn't miss it before. Just ordered two speakers from RA. The other one was starting to come apart. I thought about just getting a couple aftermarket speakers and mounting them but the wifey wants to keep it stock since it sounded good before. Here's a shot of the unit.

20230630_105800.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10