Driver Information Center

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad bro. A lot going on lately. Well it wasn't exactly real easy in the beginning because I never had the factory pigtail that plugs into it. So what I did was I ordered a radio harness kit. I'll have to find the # for it. It came with 2 factory style plugs. Large one I'm using for gauge cluster testing cuz it fits the cluster assembly, the small pigtail fits the DIC. BUT!!! The wire pinouts were wrong on it! So I had to hunt down the correct connector wire pinout chart. Luckily my brother had it on his computer at work. I never plugged it in one time before I checked the wiring about 5 times over to be sure. You def don't want 12volts running into your Class 2 Serial Data! Let me know if you need anything

Gmg0547

Reaction score
What information can that unit display? Can it show instantaneous mileage?

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm almost positive it does. I don't have mine hooked up right now cuz my truck being totalled. Buy it shows all the same info as the DIC in the clusters of the '03-06. Fuel remaining, miles to empty, business mileage counter, personal, all that stuff. I'm going to be a 2005 soon, so I'll have it in my cluster finally, but I may want to still use the seperate DIC to mount somewhere else. Not sure yet. Might be overkill

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I had that for my 03. I don't have the steering wheel buttons, so I can't get to that info.
That's wack. So what was the vehicle option package in 2003 to get the buttons on the wheel? Or was it just Z71 models? And I wonder if buyers back then were aware of that situation at purchase... Because all that same info should already be there whether you have buttons or not

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That's wack. So what was the vehicle option package in 2003 to get the buttons on the wheel? Or was it just Z71 models? And I wonder if buyers back then were aware of that situation at purchase... Because all that same info should already be there whether you have buttons or not
Not sure what the package was called to include it. Was optional on all models. My 03 is just an LS base model, nothing fancy--which I do like. I could add it, all I'd need would be the steering wheel with buttons and the correct clock spring.

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the connector kit I got to use for it. Small one fits DIC, large one fits radio or the gauge cluster. Just have to re-pin them to workIMG_2458.jpeg
If you do actually get one and want to wire it up then I can send more pics and/or walk you thru it. If you can get it with the pigtail wiring still connected then that'll make it easier