Drag racing and burnout questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12345Shawn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ever run your PPV 1/8 or 1/4 mile? What ET and MPH did it run?
How the heck do you do a burn out in this thing? I turned off traction control and it will not spin the tires..

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever run your PPV 1/8 or 1/4 mile? What ET and MPH did it run?
How the heck do you do a burn out in this thing? I turned off traction control and it will not spin the tires..
Well, first check for RPO code G80 and then pour some water down on the ground and pull the tires over it to begin your burnout. Press and hold the TC button for more than 5-seconds until TC and Stabilitrak warnings light up the dash.

The right wheel will spin a second or two and then the other wheel will lock up and start spinning with it. You don't need much, just enough to clean the rocks off and heat them a little if necessary. It's not so important until you get down into the 14s.

Michigan's Highway Patrol published these test results:

1635121420060.png

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, first check for RPO code G80 and then pour some water down on the ground and pull the tires over it to begin your burnout. Press and hold the TC button for more than 5-seconds until TC and Stabilitrak warnings light up the dash.

The right wheel will spin a second or two and then the other wheel will lock up and start spinning with it. You don't need much, just enough to clean the rocks off and heat them a little if necessary. It's not so important until you get down into the 14s.

View attachment 353597

Is that as-equipped? Mine went 15.656 on 93 (E0 or E10) with Airaid JR. and straight-through muffler only. Also had OEM 22s.

BTW, @12345Shawn, it's difficult to do a burnout in these things on a stock tune, with good tires and with no water. The Torque Management in the tune pulls timing to protect the drivetrain.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 353597
I’m not surprised at these numbers.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that as-equipped? Mine went 15.656 on 93 (E0 or E10) with Airaid JR. and straight-through muffler only. Also had OEM 22s.

BTW, @12345Shawn, it's difficult to do a burnout in these things on a stock tune, with good tires and with no water. The Torque Management in the tune pulls timing to protect the drivetrain.
Do you mean lights, radios and stuff? I do not remember.

@badandyturbo ran mid-low 15s at the track one night with Gary, me, Randy and another Andy watching (all members here). All he had done at that point was Amazon long tube headers which of course necessitated removing the cats. He might have done other mods, it's here on the forum somewhere. He's since sold the PPV and bought a twin turbo Ford Flex to play with.

You're right Chris, to spin the tires in just about anything RWD, you want the Horsepower to Weight ratio below about 17:1. Get down below 14:1 and it gets much easier. Jived memories from a distant past! Thanks Chris! LOL

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean lights, radios and stuff? I do not remember.

@badandyturbo ran mid-low 15s at the track one night with Gary, me, Randy and another Andy watching (all members here). All he had done at that point was Amazon long tube headers which of course necessitated removing the cats. He might have done other mods, it's here on the forum somewhere. He's since sold the PPV and bought a twin turbo Ford Flex to play with.

You're right Chris, to spin the tires in just about anything RWD, you want the Horsepower to Weight ratio below about 17:1. Get down below 14:1 and it gets much easier. Jived memories from a distant past! Thanks Chris! LOL

Yeah- radio(s), lights, partition wall, equipment boxes... fully rigged out for duty. Mid-16s even with the 6-speed just seems slow unless it had more weight. I was wondering what happened to Andy. The Flex sounds cool. I've always liked the looks of those.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah- radio(s), lights, partition wall, equipment boxes... fully rigged out for duty. Mid-16s even with the 6-speed just seems slow unless it had more weight. I was wondering what happened to Andy. The Flex sounds cool. I've always liked the looks of those.
He stopped by earlier this year and we put the Tech-2 on his truck and then he sold it and got he Flex. Sent me a few texts after the first few passes at the drag strip he made. It's time to check in with him again. Hey Randy, @randeez have you seen Andy @badandyturbo at the drags this year?

Our family will be coming out sometime in November and December to make our final passes. I was at Moroso in Hollywood on the last day of that track's life too way back when, too bad.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only been a handful of times in the last 2 years, flex is an odd vehicle to see out there tho I probably would've noticed

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it has stabilitrac, if that's the case then pull the ABS fuse, it's the only way to turn it off on certain years, like my 13