Double din stereo install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GooseN573rd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've recently decided to upgrade to a double din stereo instead of a single din flip screen. I didn't do enough research to before pulling the trigger and now know I need to convert the dash and radio cage. This screen is not a flush mount though so it sits out about 2in and my fear shifter will rub it so I got to thinking about a relocation to the lower compartment where my cassette player used to be. I took measurements crutches the numbers and think it's possible but can't find anything online of anyone trying this. If anyone has tried this or know where I could get more info on this relocation plz respond lol

SouthernDuke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you post some pictures?

I have done the double din. There are some products from Maestro, (I think that’s their name) that will make it look factory. Also you will have to do some trimming behind the head unit to put it in the stock location. I can’t access YouTube while at work, but there are some good videos on how to do that.

Your setup maybe entirely different from what I have seen. Throw some pictures in there and I’m sure someone has dealt with it before.

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DGeneration420