Double Din HU with Bose & Factory Rear DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rigsby94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am planning on buying on a double din headunit for my 04 Tahoe. My Tahoe has the factory 6 disc cd changer, bose, rear dvd, onstar etc. I know I have to buy a convertor to keep all my steering wheel controls, bose and rear dvd. My question is what converter or adapter would I need to buy? I don't want a cheap junk one that is going to mess everything up or not work. And how does the converter wire in and what not? I also will be adding 2 12" subs and amp to this if it matters at all. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Metra (axxess), and PAC are both manufacturers of excellent products. I've had less trouble with PAC than metra though. Last time I checked, you can only get audio from the factory overhead by hardwiring RCA jacks into the factory wiring at the screen. This may have changed by now since I've been out of the business for five years.

Last edited:

drjay2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check pac audio, they have wire harnesses that are plug n play if you want to stay stock or they have harnesses for dd unit, but requires a little more work