Doors lock 3 seconds after key is turned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoxDen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a problem with my 05 Tahoe. When you turn the ignition to on (vehicle does not have to necessarily be started), all the doors lock about 3 seconds after the key is switched. I know about the settings to change with the locks and have gone through all of them. I have not had it to the dealer yet because I have a feeling there is a setting I do not know about. Thanks for the help in advance.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has the truck had previous owners?

If you can turn the key all the way, without the engine running, and have all the doors lock, I would almost be willing to bet that you have some kind of aftermarket unit installed. It could be a doorlock module, or even an alarm module.

OP
OP
FoxDen

FoxDen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Omar, I'll have to delve deeper into the situation I guess. I haven't noticed anything aftermarket I guess as the clicker and all that are OEM.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. My alarm arms itself automatically if you don't, although there is a longer interval then 3 seconds. I don't know about the locks, though, since I have mine set to lock anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA