Door lock problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A-Rutherford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, new here and starting off with this.
Bought a 03 yukon XL 1500 few weeks ago, still learning about it. Anyways I’m Having an issue with the door locks. I replaced FR actuator as it was shot. But the issue I’m having is when I press UNLOCK on either panel switch or fob it prioritizes the driver only most of the time and only does the drivers. Usually you press it twice it’ll unlock all including the hatch. Not on mine. I press it multiple time so I can access the hatch or get the kids out of back or whatever it may be and I’m getting burned out on manually reaching around to push it unlocked (not to mention the wife is on my case about it ) any help would be greatly appreciated.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, new here and starting off with this.
Bought a 03 yukon XL 1500 few weeks ago, still learning about it. Anyways I’m Having an issue with the door locks. I replaced FR actuator as it was shot. But the issue I’m having is when I press UNLOCK on either panel switch or fob it prioritizes the driver only most of the time and only does the drivers. Usually you press it twice it’ll unlock all including the hatch. Not on mine. I press it multiple time so I can access the hatch or get the kids out of back or whatever it may be and I’m getting burned out on manually reaching around to push it unlocked (not to mention the wife is on my case about it ) any help would be greatly appreciated.

If all is working correctly this is a setting that can be changed. Pressing once unlocks the driver's door, twice unlocks them all. Have you run through the owner's manual and tried to reset or set to your liking? GMs scan tool would be mighty helpful here to test everything out in minutes.

OP
OP
A

A-Rutherford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sometimes it works other times it won’t. I have to press it 10+ time on switch or fob for it to unlock the back half. Or press lock , unlock in some sort of wild combo back and forth for it to go.