Door Lock Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVYUKON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings!
1999 GMC Yukon SLT 4 door.
My electric door locks will work from the key fob but will not work from any button from inside.
Will not work from the button by the rear doors.
Put a new control panel on driver's side (all windows and locks).
Still no good. The only way for me to lock doors is manually or key fob.

Can anyone point at a starting point to sort this out?

Thanks in advance.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm, sounds like maybe a broken wire somewhere between the switch harness and the door lock relay, might be worth getting a meter out and checking the harness

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the cigarette lighter fuse blown? I think that’s the circuit for the power locks and vaguely remember having that issue a long time ago.

OP
OP
S

SVYUKON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the cigarette lighter fuse blown? I think that’s the circuit for the power locks and vaguely remember having that issue a long time ago.

You nailed it. The cigarette plug doesn't work ( I never use it). The fuse 13 for that circuit has an "add a circuit" dual fuse setup plugged into it to run a usb phone charger port. The charger works but the locks don't. The two fuses for the add a circuit are good. However if I take the 20amp from the add a circuit and plug it directly into the fuse box (delete the add a circuit, usb phone charger port) the locks work fine. Put the same fuse back in the add a circuit the USB setup still works but the locks don't. So I've got the problem narrowed down. I just need to figure out what's the what with the add a circuit. Thanks a bunch!

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal, glad it was an easy fix.

I’ve never used one, but maybe the fuse tap is in backwards...the fuse prong that’s supposed to be on the battery side of the fuse box is reversed?