Door harness help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen, I’ve successfully installed a driver door from a four door 96 Tahoe onto my 98 two door. The wiring harness had one extra plug I assume is four the two doors that I don’t have. I was hoping that if I plugged everything in and just left the extra plug unplugged everything would be fine but I was wrong, nothing works. I do have the wiring harness from my smashed door. Do I need to swap it into the new door? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen, I’ve successfully installed a driver door from a four door 96 Tahoe onto my 98 two door. The wiring harness had one extra plug I assume is four the two doors that I don’t have. I was hoping that if I plugged everything in and just left the extra plug unplugged everything would be fine but I was wrong, nothing works. I do have the wiring harness from my smashed door. Do I need to swap it into the new door? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
If everything worked before replacing the door I'd swap the old harness over. Not that difficult to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019