1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door hard to close after weatherstrip install.

Discussion in 'Interior' started by chevrol8t, Jul 30, 2020.

1. chevrol8t

chevrol8t Full Access Member

Name:
    Will
    Hello all. I purchased weather stripping from LMC trucks about a week ago for my `00 Tahoe. After installing them on my front driver side door, my door will no longer close unless I slam the door extremely hard.
    Is this normal and in time the WS will give some or is it a quality issue? If someone got WS from LMC can you please let me know if you ran into this?

I already made sure that WS is on correctly as you really cannot mess it up.

Thanks!

2. Galante

Galante Supporting Member

Name:
    Pete
    Just new.... give it a few weeks to work in. Wipe some silicone on them to help the door work the rubber

PNW VietVet likes this.
  3. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    you are probably just used to the old worn seals not doing there job

PNW VietVet likes this.
  4. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Supporting Member

Name:
    Ron
    The silicone will help the metal door pieces move across the WS surfaces as it closes and moves to seat in. Give it time as well.

5. drakon543

drakon543 Full Access Member

Name:
    james
    i hate worn out weatherstripping wind noises and water getting in where its not supposed to. i replace it alot and as already stated kinda have to let the door work the weatherstripping in. my definition of slamming and yours might be different but try to stay away from slamming. 2 hands on the door one on the handle and one flat palm near the edge keeping your hands on the door and firm pressure should get the door shut. slamming a door isnt good for the rest of the doors components.

PNW VietVet likes this.