Door hard to close after weatherstrip install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I purchased weather stripping from LMC trucks about a week ago for my `00 Tahoe. After installing them on my front driver side door, my door will no longer close unless I slam the door extremely hard.
Is this normal and in time the WS will give some or is it a quality issue? If someone got WS from LMC can you please let me know if you ran into this?

I already made sure that WS is on correctly as you really cannot mess it up.

Thanks!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The silicone will help the metal door pieces move across the WS surfaces as it closes and moves to seat in. Give it time as well.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hate worn out weatherstripping wind noises and water getting in where its not supposed to. i replace it alot and as already stated kinda have to let the door work the weatherstripping in. my definition of slamming and yours might be different but try to stay away from slamming. 2 hands on the door one on the handle and one flat palm near the edge keeping your hands on the door and firm pressure should get the door shut. slamming a door isnt good for the rest of the doors components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy