Door Grab handle repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what are the symptoms of this break in the handle? I mean, is it obvious and you can feel that it’s busted? It just seems like the cover is thick enough to mask it but I guess not.

OP
OP
Bill D

Bill D

Reaction score
How's it holding up, and how does it look now?
It’s still holding up, but I feel the seam of the door handle is out of position. I’m going to use some Black rubberized superglue to finish off the seam. I used so much Silicone on the repair, it’s never coming off.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It’s still holding up, but I feel the seam of the door handle is out of position. I’m going to use some Black rubberized superglue to finish off the seam. I used so much Silicone on the repair, it’s never coming off.
They have black rubberized superglue?

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 07-09 front door panels are a little different than the 10-14 years. 07-09 had a smaller grab handle (that doesn't break) than the 10-14, and the lower portion of the panel is different as well.

This explains why I never had this issue with my 08 Tahoe. The 2011 I’ve got now has a really loose door pull

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wrapped my handle in Saran wrap, then in duct tape. Shot expanding foam the handle and let it dry overnight. Handle is rock solid now

OP
OP
Bill D

Bill D

Reaction score
How's it holding up, and how does it look now?

Still holding up great. JB Weld and High temp Silicone will outlive the truck. The only thing I don't like is that you can feel the lip of the grab handle rubber when you wrap your hand around the handle to pull the door closed. The tab or edge should be seated tight against the plastic and it isn't. The handle cover is not loose in anyway, its just that you can feel its slightly out of place from "perfect"

ftwflh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I repaired mine with a small strip of metal.Predrilled 3 holes st it under the handle,drilled holes in the plastic screwed it on.Drilled it with an angle drill.Worked good so far.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna pull mine this weekend and see what I can do with it... previous driver decided just to wrap it with black gorilla tape... gonna be a mess to take off...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645