Dome , courtesy lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leigh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi

The dome/courtesy lights will only go on and automatically go off when using the key less and the override button pushed in. If the over ride is extended out, the lights stay on.

Consequently, anytime with or without key less is used, in the extended out position for the override, lights will stay on.

All switches in this 97 2 door including rear lift gate are new.

Any assistance will be appreciated

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does this happen with the doors open or closed? Both sides? Combination?

OP
OP
leigh

leigh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi

Its all doors, all courtesy and dome lights.

Not isolated and all switches are new.

The lights only come on and go off when key less is used.

I am thinking its the interior light controller which is supposed to be in the center of dash.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silly question but is the knob turned on high? All the way to the right? When the override is extended do the lights constantly stay on or act as they should? If as they should I’d say that switch is bad though it’s new.

OP
OP
leigh

leigh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi

the over ride when extended causes the lights to stay on when they should timeout.

i have replaced that light switch when i first got it so i guess i could get a ac delco one if the over ride is fubarred in this.

today was annual fluid film day so didn't have time to mess with the dome lights today