Dog crates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lakensea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone put two (2) 42" L x 30" H dog crates side by side in a late model Tahoe/Yukon? I have a 2012 and they fit with the 2nd row seats down. Besides the length, the height is concern due to the angle and raised platform. Looking to upgrade to a later model truck.

15TahoeLT

Reaction score
I have two of the 36" long x 23" W and 25" H crates side by side and they fit easily in my 15'. I believe I had a 30" or 32" H before, and I had to collapse it to get it under the hatch opening, and then put it back up once it was already in the back. The ceiling has enough space for a 30" or higher but you'll have issues getting it through the rear opening.

OP
OP
L

lakensea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey thanks for replying. I actually purchased a 2016 Sequoia and there is a ton more interior space. I have the 42 x 21W x 30H and a 36 x 25W x 28H and there is plenty of room to spare. Both 2nd row seats are up with more leg room than the Tahoe/Yukon. 5" extra space on the sides of the crates. A carpeted 2 x 4 under the back of the crates levels them off, and the Sequoia suspension can be lowered a couple of inches making it easier for my 11 1/2 year old twins to jump in. Plus, the rear window retracts into the tailgate - the dogs love that! I've been a GM person all my life, but the Sequoia if more "large" dog friendly than the current Tahoe/Yukon.

wetdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Love the lowering idea, but I've used Twis-T-Steps (sp?) for the past 18 years. Gets the dog to do the work with an intermdiate step to go thru the liftgate. Love our furry friends!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts