Does this sound like a failed lifter? 2015 with 97k miles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throw some marvel mystery oil in their
Believe it or not it’s the only reason my close to 350,000 mile stock 5.3 hasn’t blown up yet
I had a dod lifter collapse and it sounded wayyyy worse than that. A quart of mmo and running the dog shit out of it cleared it right up.
The other day it started tapping but oil was at level so I added a 1/4 bottle for ***** and giggles and again it cleared right up. How long it’ll last I couldn’t tell you but it’s working and has worked for the past 35-45,000 miles
I used to use that stuff in my old Toyota. Just want to make sure I fix the problem and not bandaid it.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I used to use that stuff in my old Toyota. Just want to make sure I fix the problem and not bandaid it.
Yea well it’s definitely a band aid but it gets the job done I drive my rig 4-6 hours away if not more twice a week for work without hesitation. When it first dropped a lifter I was 4 hr from home and had to leave the following morning. The mmo got it unstuck and cleared it up and she’s been going ever since!

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure everyone has different results...
On my 6.2 it was ten min from collapsed lifter to bent pushrod.

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure everyone has different results...
On my 6.2 it was ten min from collapsed lifter to bent pushrod.
Wow, that's crazy.

Mine is still running and driving perfect with no misfire. ‍:shrug:

finston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Exactly how mine sounded a few months back, but went away. Then came back with a vengeance.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a failing brake vacuum pump.
ya the k2's are just inherently more noisy than previous generations, makes it hard to narrow down when it starts making a "new" noise.
on mine it was the water pump getting noisy I thought for sure it was the vacuum pump as those are known to fail, so many normal noises though......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts