Does the 2022 Z71 Tahoe have footwell and ambient lighting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cabinetman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I ordered a 2022 Tahoe Z71 with the 6.2L V8. I haven’t be able to actually see one in person, so I’m curious about the interior lighting. Are there footwell lights? Also, is there any ambient lighting around the door handles, cup holders, etc?

I really like the look of the Tahoe, but I’m surprised on some of things missing from a $73k vehicle. The lack of ventilated seats and adaptive cruise seem like a big oversight. My old school 2020 Tundra Platinum has both.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘21 Tahoe Premiere has some white LED light in the footwell areas in the front along with the door handle and a small light projecting from the top area near the mirror. I believe that it’s dimmable with the dash light dimmer too.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same on ‘22 Yukon. Had the same complaint on my ‘16 suburban. The interior lighting could be much improved both functionally and aesthetically. The Escalade looks like it has much more led backlighting and color customization but that system should be on all of these vehicles imo.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same on ‘22 Yukon. Had the same complaint on my ‘16 suburban. The interior lighting could be much improved both functionally and aesthetically. The Escalade looks like it has much more led backlighting and color customization but that system should be on all of these vehicles imo.

Wonder if the Escalade system could be fitted to the other makes?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘21 Tahoe Premiere has some white LED light in the footwell areas in the front along with the door handle and a small light projecting from the top area near the mirror. I believe that it’s dimmable with the dash light dimmer too.
That little light that projects down from the rearview mirror is pretty nice. Puts out the perfect amount of light up front so you can see things in the center console and whatnot but it's not overpowering at all. It's probably a pretty standard item on most newer vehicles these days but I've never had anything this new or nice before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne