Does Size Matter? :naughty:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does Size Matter?

Okay guys i made a thread in the spring needing help on building a box for my single 15in type r, someone gave me the link to a box builder and it helped me make a 3.5cft ported box tuned to 35hz. But if i want to get the most of this sub, and i have all of that unused room in the back of my truck does anyone have other suggestions? would going to a bigger box help db wise? with the 3.5 its already louder than i had hoped at first but i need a project. Any responses help thanks!

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what does Alpine spec for that sub, enclosure wise?
A bigger box does not always warrant more output.
A higher meter reading would more than likely require a higher tuning.

OP
OP

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alpine recommendeds 3.0cft ported box, but i have never followed a companies recommendations in building a box lol
i would get another but i really like having just one, im going to need ALOT bigger amp to power 2 and right now im only pushing 548rms out of a rockford 500.1 so i may just upgrade to say a kicker zx1000 and see what that does for me

OP
OP

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i sold 4 of these 15's for slight profit to other kids at my school and all of them have them in blazers and smaller cars also most of them bought prefab boxes with alpine specs but yet they all want to buy the box i have because they all think its louder, i cant tell ya if its cause i have a cea rated amp and they all have ****** amps or its because they slight difference in box cft so i was figuring i could go bigger and get slightly louder, i also plan on sound deadening the roof this winter as well as the new amp

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they rec a 3.0 ported box, tune for 32-33hz. SUV, woofer up, port firing towards rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihtblzr