Does anyone on this site know what they are talking about?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pretty simple and direct I would assume. How do you troubleshoot a broken heated seat for an 04' Denali? I thought this forum was for people who needed help with their Tahoe/Yukon, but I have posted this question several times without one response. I guess if any mechanic who see's this and has half of a clue of what they are doing to please try their best to help me with my issue. Cheers

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of things.
1. No, nobody knows anything on this site.
2. You are posting in the wrong section, if you try the right one, you might get a nibble or two.
3. There are probably plenty of people on here who could help you out, but since you haven't brought anything to the table I can't help but feel they might be less inclined to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i only know everything about Kia's

haha, nah jk

but try the right section, and give it some time. There are plenty of people who know about certain things but may not know how to fix the whole problem or they havent logged in yet to help you out. i usually get a response within a day or two if its a complicated order.

as for your problem, my guess: try the fuse, then maybe any connections that could have come loose, good place to start.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

i just made one crazy confusing kinda messed up weird sentece

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the correct section on the forum is certainly important. next, it is most important to include details about the problem. did your truck come with the seats or did you install them yourself? Did they ever work, and just stopped working now? Did you check fuses or for loose connections underneath the seat? Is it one seat or all seats? Do the lights come on when you touch the button, or does NOTHING show up? It is hard to help with such a general question.

We do need to know how many tenths of a mile are on the odometer, or that you were picking your second cousins godson's best friend up from his part time job at subway when it happened either... but some more info is certainly worthwhile.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty simple and direct I would assume. How do you troubleshoot a broken heated seat for an 04' Denali? I thought this forum was for people who needed help with their Tahoe/Yukon, but I have posted this question several times without one response. I guess if any mechanic who see's this and has half of a clue of what they are doing to please try their best to help me with my issue. Cheers

Not being mean at all, But you posted it twice. And got one response on check the fuses. Saying you got No help at all. Isnt right.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21622
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22688

2. People on here are quite knowledgeable, but dont get on everyday. You have to give it time and more than 1 day or a week. Sometimes.

3. Have you searched this question. I remember someone else having this problem w/ the heated seats. Didnt save the thread, so sorry cant help on the thread posted.

4. What year is it? You say 04, but in your other threads you say 03. I think those years are operated diff. But i could be wrong. I know 02 chevys are.

And then for the rest of you guys that might be able to help. Here is a post he posted w/ most of the info. Its not just the Seats.

"My drivers side heated seat suddenly stopped working. All of the other seats are working. Is there a fuse for each seat? I am looking for where to begin troubleshooting for this. It seems like a few lights also went out when this happened. It would be the lights for the controls on the right side of the steering wheel(the volume buttons), the lights on the switch on the drivers side door for the driver and passenger side power window switch, and the light for the rear defrost on the dash. I am wondering if these are all tied in to one fuse? Any help would be appreciated!! Happy New Year!"

To me sounds like a wire either got cut or grounded itself and itsnt suppose to be. Fuses are diff. for each of those, at least in my tahoe. So to sum it up, your lights went out, does the seat still work, or is it just the light also?

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you search the forum for the other 35 threads on seat heaters and read what was posted in them? :rolleyes:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you search the forum for the other 35 threads on seat heaters and read what was posted in them? :rolleyes:

Probably not, otherwise he would have gotten quite the education from some of the other posts out there where the people got elbows deep into the problem and then realized it was a bigger and more expensive problem to fix than they originally thought!! It's one of the reasons I haven't even tried to get mine working!!
Hope your happy that you got some answers now!!:Wedgie:

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

By the way, nice choice in topic titles!! :supergay:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yup. Start with fuses and connections and get back to us. We aren't there, so you have to do some of the work yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goneracin

Latest posts