DOD AFM Delete videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XSELLR8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just completed my step by step videos for deleting the AFM/DOD on my 2015 Yukon Denali 6.2L L86. It’s virtually the same process for the 5.3L L83. Hopefully this video series is helpful to others

DOD AFM Delete Yukon, Tahoe, Silverado, Sierra, Escalade L86 & L83 Part 1 Disassembly cam lifters

swwitte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
question just finished rebuild on my 6.2, it no longer has dod/vvt does now have truck Norris cam, lifters, upgraded lifters, hp oil pump, arb... Started right up needs a tune though, suspect will need Wideband o2 sensors. do I need to replace all 5 o2 sensors with wide bands ?

OP
OP
XSELLR8

XSELLR8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not sure if it’s a narrow or wide band from the factory, but I added a wideband to my supercharged Mustang to monitor the air fuel ratio. The sensor is not interchangeable and needs its own controller, so I’m not sure adding wide band sensors would be plug and play in this case.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know there is a video of this. Gets pretty deep in the motor to eliminate this engine destroyer tech.

OP
OP
XSELLR8

XSELLR8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
youre gonna panic some guys in the 2021 and up group by posting that in here lol
Thanks! I was on the Mobil app and didn’t realize it was in the 2021 section

I understand some brand new ones are required to have lifter swaps before the owners can take delivery, so maybe it’s good to know when they are out of Warranty

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo