Do Z springs lift non Z

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Fak YEAAAAA, just installed 3" pucks so those will put me right where I wanna be. Turing up the keys wasn't enough for my 6s so I got 3" lift spindles and keys to help clear the fender. Alignment would probably fix it but I'm also running 3" wheels spacers in the front on snowflakes. So my scrub radius is completely shot

look at spindle source lift spindles. They widen your front track width by 1.5” it says but mines more like 2”.. no need to run huge spacers like that on the front. At least I don’t like to.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
look at spindle source lift spindles. They widen your front track width by 1.5” it says but mines more like 2”.. no need to run huge spacers like that on the front. At least I don’t like to.

Yea, I completely agree. 3" spacers are really pushing the bounds of safety and aligning something like that at shops I used to run, I would either say NO or do it and have a disclaimer on the ticket to have the customer sign.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Na I got those ol ***** doo shock with the "helper" coils on it. Silly analog stuff.

Nivomats aren't electronic, just self-adjusting. They do come with softer-riding coil springs, so if yours had them and they were removed, you'd definitely want to change the springs to the standard ones.

OP
OP
H

HELLAbeefy

Reaction score

Got some 3" lift spindles and keys at the house, replacing all ball joints before putting them on.

There's a mega rex in my local town and every time we see each other on the narrow streets we both have that oh shit oh shit look when our mirrors almost smack haha

Yea, I completely agree. 3" spacers are really pushing the bounds of safety and aligning something like that at shops I used to run, I would either say NO or do it and have a disclaimer on the ticket to have the customer sign.

Iv been on them for about 5 years now they are hub centric with no issues other than ****** scrub radius. We also take them off and put factory wheels on to bring it get aligned so I don't get that "advanced" alignment charge

OP
OP
H

HELLAbeefy

Reaction score
Nivomats aren't electronic, just self-adjusting. They do come with softer-riding coil springs, so if yours had them and they were removed, you'd definitely want to change the springs to the standard ones.

I don't see any connections for them, my Tahoe is a Less Sporty so it is possible, these are the budget breakers I have on rn, was waiting on the lift to do bs5100s

IMG_20200913_140338_116.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The main thing is that you are happy with it. That's all that counts. My lifted and bigger tires days are over. To me, simple quiet looking mods are what I like best but I do like the stance of yours.

OP
OP
H

HELLAbeefy

Reaction score
The main thing is that you are happy with it. That's all that counts. My lifted and bigger tires days are over. To me, simple quiet looking mods are what I like best but I do like the stance of yours.

Haha thanx and I feel you on the simple clean life. this is one of the spare vehicles I get to do dumb stuff to it

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z coils definitely lift the rear more to the point i took them out when i took out the front and rear lift level kit. With just the coils it looked like i was just running a rear lift haha.

bobsburban

Reaction score
I can confirm the 1.5" - 2" rear lift with the Z71 springs. I replaced the blown out air ride suspension on my Suburban LTZ with Moog HDs, which I suspect are the equivalent of the Z71 springs. Bilstein 5100s all around allowed for the front ride height to be adjusted to match the increase in the rear height.

Burb 3a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe