Do you get what you pay for in Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Interesting, so they can give you the deal out of the date range, interesting. Last month it was Bridgestone.
Sorry, I wrote "Goodyear", but I meant what you said - Bridgestone. But yeah, they had the latitude to immediately adjust/apply the promo towards my desired brand. Not surprising given the establishment.

Vint91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought some very aggressive all-terrain tires that has a 60,000 mile warranty, and 1 year later with regular tire rotations, 50,000 later I’m sitting at 9/32 with plenty of tread to go. So I think the numbers include a lot of variables to how long they last.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m getting a set of Yokohama parada spec x this Friday. Discount tire, $890 out the door. I know Michelins are nicer but I’ll try these for the savings, I’ll post a review if nobody has had these before.

They're ok. Traction is good but they ride TERRIBLE. I replaced them with Toyo Proxes ST II and the traction was TERRIBLE but rode good. I switched to the Defenders after and have never bought anything else. Just spend the extra $300, it is WELL worth it.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I over thought this as well but in the end went with Michilin Defenders LTX. I would say the Continentals were a real close 2nd. I run those on the wofe and kids BMW's.

I am extremely happy with the new Michilins. The ride is so much better than the terrble IronMan's that were on it.

TrucksNStuff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Older thread but digging into tire info and just wanted to say thanks for letting us know that the Michelin X is the same as the Defender. Costco currently has $150 off Michelin 01/2023 and I almost ordered the Defenders. I will order the X’s now if they are the same, they are about $30 less per tire.
Did the tire center confirm they are the same thing? On the Costco website the tires have different speed ratings and UTQG.

Reaction score
Did the tire center confirm they are the same thing? On the Costco website the tires have different speed ratings and UTQG.
Supposedly, Michelin did confirm. Check this post (#10) out:

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 3 days of driving on solid ice, I will again say the conti hfs are amazing for a mild tread tire. Best bang for the buck and super sipey. On the worst day, I was the only one in my dept to make it in...

NT Automotive

Reaction score
Coming off 37 inch maxxis trepadors on my bronco, the set of continental cross contour 111T just put on are pretty good for our 2wd 2019 SLE. Quiet and nice grip in all seasons. Mpg good. Lets see how many miles they can take up to 5yrs. The set that came with it when I bought last week were from 2018. A little chewed up and hard but lasted 4yrs/25K in extreme desert climate outdoors 24/7. No high heat blowouts. When time to replace might go with Mich LTX or KO3 if feeling edgy but liking these continentals so far

NT Automotive

Reaction score
Coming off 37 inch maxxis trepadors on my bronco, the set of continental cross contour 111T just put on are pretty good for our 2wd 2019 SLE. Quiet and nice grip in all seasons. Mpg good. Lets see how many miles they can take up to 5yrs. The set that came with it when I bought last week were from 2018. A little chewed up and hard but lasted 4yrs/25K in extreme desert climate outdoors 24/7. No high heat blowouts. When time to replace might go with Mich LTX or KO3 if feeling edgy but liking these continentals thus far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645