DJM rear heardware kit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would installing this help my ride enough to be noticeable?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What rear springs are you running?

Did you cut the bumpstop bracktes off the frame?

My escalade has the 5305 coils with the djm hardware kit and spohn rear bar kit with the djm swaybars and rides perfect corners great also.

I only did the 3 inch drop but i cut them off anyway since I use the truck for towing.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Randall -- I hope to know the answer to your question soon. I have the kit on the way from Tony. I'll post as soon as I get it and get it on.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I already know the answer since late 1999 when I installed the first djm rear hardware kit on the truck lol.

Also if you install it wrong will ride horrible and yes there is a right and wrong way on install.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

also while your at it change the rear bolts to the size i said in my old post on getting rid of slop. That helps nicely also.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony -- Is the right and wrong way CLEARLY SHOWN in the directions? (I don't know what it is with the instructions in so many of these kits. Can't anyone take a photo of the install from his cell phone, or draw a decent picture -- and then start from a fresh copy after it's been xeroxed so many times that you can't see or read anything anymore? It's amazing.)

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
its all due when to torque the bolts. DJM says professional installer recommended because they should know the correct way and when to torque the links and all that so not included in the instructios

OP
OP
randuff

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear springs are 5305 that I got from you.

Bumpstop brackets cut off last week.

Took out the spacer (front is now actually 1/8" higher than rear on driver side)

What rear springs are you running?

Did you cut the bumpstop bracktes off the frame?

My escalade has the 5305 coils with the djm hardware kit and spohn rear bar kit with the djm swaybars and rides perfect corners great also.

I only did the 3 inch drop but i cut them off anyway since I use the truck for towing.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I assume over torquing screws up the poly bushing or something?

its all due when to torque the bolts. DJM says professional installer recommended because they should know the correct way and when to torque the links and all that so not included in the instructios

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rear springs are 5305 that I got from you.

Bumpstop brackets cut off last week.

Took out the spacer (front is now actually 1/8" higher than rear on driver side)

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I assume over torquing screws up the poly bushing or something?

And what rear shocks are you running?

if your going to do the rear upgrade all bolts to 1/2 inch grade 8 on the endlinks and then on the lower control arm 9/16 for front bolts.

OP
OP
randuff

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2411ff

and what rear shocks are you running?

If your going to do the rear upgrade all bolts to 1/2 inch grade 8 on the endlinks and then on the lower control arm 9/16 for front bolts.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
It won't make a difference. I have had them installed for about two and a half years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM