Discussion on drivers door window switches for proper selection of

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So many part numbers of a door window switch assembly ouch

The options of what you have causes a switch to work or not work shorting out youir battery if options are wrong. So iam here asking does anybody have the correct part numbers on the diff option drivers door window switch assembly.

No power mirrors
no heated mirrors

do have power pedals adjustments.

any easy way to find correct GM part numbers ?????

] And if i would have elected to buy new mirrors and bought heated mirrors would i have to buy a different new door switch assembly ???

Vehicle in question 2006 GMC Yukon xl SLT flex 325 w/ GM towing package 260,000 miles all original drivetrain. yea needs valve guide seals fuel pump actually lasted 250,000 miles just tubes rotted off. NHRA and IHRA tow vehicle lol

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't help with part numbers...

But, I can tell you that the heated mirrors on my 04 Tahoe Z71 come on when the rear defrost button is activated.

There is no switch on any door panel switch modules for rear view mirror heat. Just the mirror adjustment controls, 4 windows and the door lock.

Power to the heated mirrors must be controlled through a relay and on/off commands from the BCM when rear window defrost is activated on the dash.

Also... It is my understanding that the factory heated mirrors don't get a full 12V. I think they are 3V. That is regulated through lower voltage sources from the BCM.

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto had a good selection of different window switches when I ordered mine.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
What a strangely optioned truck. I've never heard of a truck like yours not having power mirrors. Usually the cheap work vehicles don't have power anything--and you have power pedals. I'm curious--even tho it's commanded by the bcm, if you can add power/heated mirrors with the correct master switch. Everything would just plug n play I'd think, no extra power wires to run.20190313_161845.jpg20190313_161920.jpg
I know it's a little different, but I added power fold to my 03 when it didn't have it. Works great too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844