discount on GM parts??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a hookup for ordering GM parts thru dealer or website? I have to change my fuel tank due to the slow fueling crap and tank is only available from GM and the cheapest I have found it is $610. So, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a hookup for ordering GM parts thru dealer or website? I have to change my fuel tank due to the slow fueling crap and tank is only available from GM and the cheapest I have found it is $610. So, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
There are lots of causes for this, and to my knowledge, none of them require replacing the tank to fix. The vent system components are the usual culprits, and are outside the tank and can be replaced separately.

Oldewing

Reaction score
Ya, I agree, it's not the tank.

I dropped mine to replace the pump and did not get all the hose's tight on the vapor system, bingo, slow fuel problem. Tighten same,and it was gone...

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are lots of causes for this, and to my knowledge, none of them require replacing the tank to fix. The vent system components are the usual culprits, and are outside the tank and can be replaced separately.

All has been replaced, lines have been cleared and still have the slow fill. Was told the only thing left to fix is to replace the tank itself. If you have any more ideas, please tell me and I will be ecstatic to try!!

Original post....

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/got-the-dreaded-slow-tank-fill.125122/

Last edited:
OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I agree, it's not the tank.

I dropped mine to replace the pump and did not get all the hose's tight on the vapor system, bingo, slow fuel problem. Tighten same,and it was gone...

Wish it was that simple, but I don't think so. Only lines that have been removed are the evap lines from the canister and purge valve and solenoid.

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, check with a salvage yard.

Also make sure you do not have an obstruction in fill tube...

Just found one about 20 miles from me...guy parting out a Tahoe. He said no issues with filling the tank and wants $100 for it. Guess I'll start there!!

And fill tube is clear....took it off couple of weekends ago.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just found one about 20 miles from me...guy parting out a Tahoe. He said no issues with filling the tank and wants $100 for it. Guess I'll start there!!

And fill tube is clear....took it off couple of weekends ago.

Keep us posted on the outcome. I am curious about this as well after all of our discussions in the other thread.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Like @kbuskill said, keep us updated on the progress because, like the others have said here, never seen where the tank was the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon