Disable Option SEO-9G8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aidanjewell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all! Recently got a 2015 Tahoe PPV. I noticed that both the automatic headlights and the daytime running lights do not function. After doing some research I realized that my specific vehicle has option SEO-9G8 enabled. From what I understand, this is something programmed within the BCM. However, there really isn’t a clear answer. If it is in the BCM, I fortunately have a very nice Autel Maxisys OBDll scanner. Would I be able to disable the setting with the scanner? Also, is it even in the BCM? Is it a wire that has been spliced somewhere? What has to happen in order for option SEO 9G8 to be disabled and for me to have DRL’s and auto headlights back? Any help is much appreciated.

guywith2015LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you figure out you have a seo 9g8? I have the same car as yours it was a K9 tho so ssv but going through the same issue of daytime running lights.

If you were able to figure out please let me know. My headlight knob says it has AUTO so hopefully I can enable them. I did check my BCM there is a white terminated wire in one of the sky blue slots and it’s not connected so not sure what’s the issue.

Attachments

• IMG_4908.jpeg
    IMG_4908.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4915.jpeg
    IMG_4915.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
A

aidanjewell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you figure out you have a seo 9g8? I have the same car as yours it was a K9 tho so ssv but going through the same issue of daytime running lights.

If you were able to figure out please let me know. My headlight knob says it has AUTO so hopefully I can enable them. I did check my BCM there is a white terminated wire in one of the sky blue slots and it’s not connected so not sure what’s the issue.
Just used deduction to assume I had the option enabled from the upfitter. Me and my step-dad replaced switches, did wiring, and everything you could do to fix the issue. Nothing worked, so when I stumped upon 9G8 it just made sense. Never was able to get them back on, pretty sure step-dad ended up selling the Tahoe without them or took it to a dealer to get them reenabled (I was out of town, don’t really remember)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900