XTOOL D7 Not Giving Option to "Add a Key" for 2012 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone used the XTool D7 for key programming on Yukons? I have a 2012 Yukon XL Denali that I am trying trying to program a key for. This is one of the years after the switch to no longer be able to do it natively in the truck. I was able to program the remote (with buttons), but I cannot find an option to add a key without redoing all keys. The even weirder part is that I have to choose the standard "Yukon" setting and not the XL or Denali setting to even get to the oton to replace all keys.

Has anyone else had this issue with the XTool D7?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the XTool D7 for key programming on Yukons? I have a 2012 Yukon XL Denali that I am trying trying to program a key for. This is one of the years after the switch to no longer be able to do it natively in the truck. I was able to program the remote (with buttons), but I cannot find an option to add a key without redoing all keys. The even weirder part is that I have to choose the standard "Yukon" setting and not the XL or Denali setting to even get to the oton to replace all keys.

Has anyone else had this issue with the XTool D7?
you don't need a tool
you stick a working key in, turn it to run, turn to off, remove key
insert next key within 10 seconds and repeat steps above for each key up to 4 keys
doing this will remove any previously programmed key, so do them all at the same time back to back.

If you have no working key then you have to start with a 30 minute relearn to learn the 1st key 3X10 minute learns key in run position for 10 minutes turn to off, return to run x3, then follow the steps above for additional keys

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the process described by @Doubeleive does not work for you, take the keys and the truck to a local locksmith, and they will set you right for about $25.

OP
OP
S

smiley91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you don't need a tool
you stick a working key in, turn it to run, turn to off, remove key
insert next key within 10 seconds and repeat steps above for each key up to 4 keys
doing this will remove any previously programmed key, so do them all at the same time back to back.

If you have no working key then you have to start with a 30 minute relearn to learn the 1st key 3X10 minute learns key in run position for 10 minutes turn to off, return to run x3, then follow the steps above for additional keys
Amazing! That worked great, thanks! I thought they switched the process for post 10' years, so I didn't even think to try your approach initially.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10