Disable Lockout prompt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It chimes loudly despite all the other screen tones being turned off. Annoys me as well…

pjl4138

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd love a solution to this issue as well. The prompt doesn't even make sense (since it only occurs when a passenger is in the vehicle and it would obviously be more dangerous for an unaccompanied driver to be using the touch screen while driving).

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love a solution to this issue as well. The prompt doesn't even make sense (since it only occurs when a passenger is in the vehicle and it would obviously be more dangerous for an unaccompanied driver to be using the touch screen while driving).
normally something like that should only pop up if you tried to make a change or enter a nav destination, I would imagine GM at some point may update the firmware to correct the issue, complain to gm, squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Slikk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also interested in this issue - hopefully if we keep it relevant - we'll get a solution

Kendrarhudson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am frustrated with this feature as well. My daughter reclined her seat for a trip and when she would move it would go off. Ughhh. I contacted GMC customer support and they were no help. They informed me to go to the dealership but they do not know either. It is a very distracting feature I would live to disable. Any help out there?

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. The ‘21s don’t do that. My guess is it is legal and there is no way to disable. A CYA by GM.

Welcome to the litigious society.
My 2021 Yukon Denali does have this prompt but it’s random when it shows up. Sometimes it comes on when just me, sometimes when there is a passenger, sometimes right at startup, sometimes after driving for 30 mins. No clue why it’s random.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a road trip this weekend, with a full Yukon XL (me and 5 passengers), made a lot of stops, didn't ever seen this prompt, as a matter of fact have never seen this prompt...ever.

missile_pilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did a road trip this weekend, with a full Yukon XL (me and 5 passengers), made a lot of stops, didn't ever seen this prompt, as a matter of fact have never seen this prompt...ever.
+1. 22 Yukon never seen it, but also unable to input data while in motion with a passenger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9