Disable Hill Assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, has anyone found a way to disable the hill assist? It's a super big pain when trying to hook up a trailer. Actually, it's legitimately dangerous. Tow mode doesn't turn it off, and disabling traction control doesn't disable hill assist.

Thanks,

Dan

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what the owners manual has to say about HSA, I guess don't go uphill when in forward or downhill in reverse when hooking up your trailer? I've not noticed it being an issue when hooking up my boat, but I always do that on a relatively flat spot.

1695244919411.png

OP
OP
D

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what the owners manual has to say about HSA, I guess don't go uphill when in forward or downhill in reverse when hooking up your trailer? I've not noticed it being an issue when hooking up my boat, but I always do that on a relatively flat spot.

View attachment 409210
What a valuable feature. You can't turn it off when you need to and they say right there don't trust it. Sounds like a candidate for class action.

Deno

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, has anyone found a way to disable the hill assist? It's a super big pain when trying to hook up a trailer. Actually, it's legitimately dangerous. Tow mode doesn't turn it off, and disabling traction control doesn't disable hill assist.

Thanks,

Dan
I'm with you on this, it's a pain in the ass. The vehicle won't roll back or forward when I release the brake to inch it to align the hitch, you have to press the gas which is way too much. Also when in a tight spot it can be dangerous. I was hoping we could just pull a fuse.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on this, it's a pain in the ass. The vehicle won't roll back or forward when I release the brake to inch it to align the hitch, you have to press the gas which is way too much. Also when in a tight spot it can be dangerous. I was hoping we could just pull a fuse.
abs fuse should work, since the abs is what applies the brakes. people pull the abs fuse for various reasons, doesn't hurt anything you just put it back in when you are finished doing whatever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove