Disable DOD at a shop cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAFJR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve called a couple shops that use HPtuners to just change the DOD setting to keep it from V4 on a 2016 suburban. One was 350 and the other was 400. Is this really the going rate?

I’m thinking 250-300 would be be better for the probably half hour job. Isn’t it just about 100 in credits?

I know it could be cheaper but I’m not willing to mail off my suburbans computer.
Anyone know a good shop in VA that can go in there and change settings? I’m using M5 lately because the Range has been killing my battery. Thanks ,

John

Why not mail in your computer?? I did. Problem solved.

OP
OP
Shipyard

Shipyard

Reaction score
Why not mail in your computer?? I did. Problem solved.
Thanks , I’m sure it would most likely be fine but these days I don’t want to trust the mail for something as important as that one not-easily obtainable and expensive part that lets the suburban drive down the road.

OP
OP
Shipyard

Shipyard

Reaction score
Old thread but I figured I’d follow up. Took months for me to do it, but I didn’t want to fool around with a programmer. This time the better local shop quoted 350. In about 45 minutes with HPTuners , they turned off DOD and raised the idle in drive setting up by 50 RPM. It used to shudder a little with the low idle. Both changes are awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts