AFM delete kit 13 Yukon Denali L94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the performance, and that my buddies that have had boosted corvettes always end up replacing the stock intercooler bricks cause they are a failure point and for better cooling. also they replace the lid of the stock lsa too.

from my quick search by the time i piece it all together and upgrade stuff. the kit is just a one shot deal and more upside and worth more to resell later.
Yeah I know about the intercooler issue. But that can be fixed up cheap and fairly easily with some appropriate welding.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have "turned off" afm/dod in a bone stock truck while the lifters were all working
correctly and had a lifter failure after that.. It wasn't my personal truck...
So prob has a lot to do with it's maint history. Generally turning off the stuff while
it's working properly will add lots of life to the OE lifters, but I suppose that's a personal
choice you would make on your own.
I ran my Edelbrock EForce SC on my stock engine for over 2 years without issue.
But I knew the maint history...

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have "turned off" afm/dod in a bone stock truck while the lifters were all working
correctly and had a lifter failure after that.. It wasn't my personal truck...
So prob has a lot to do with it's maint history. Generally turning off the stuff while
it's working properly will add lots of life to the OE lifters, but I suppose that's a personal
choice you would make on your own.
I ran my Edelbrock EForce SC on my stock engine for over 2 years without issue.
But I knew the maint history...

interesting. was it just turned off or did you do the mechanical side block and vent oil pressure?

if the forum attached to the fix is to be believed, even guys with stuck lifters once released using the impact trick and then install the bushing and clip the gasket to vent any bypass oil, no one has reported one collapsing again.

I guess I'll find out if mine starts tapping some day. ugh I just do not wanna pull the heads on a daily with a garage filled with projects lol.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting. was it just turned off or did you do the mechanical side block and vent oil pressure?

if the forum attached to the fix is to be believed, even guys with stuck lifters once released using the impact trick and then install the bushing and clip the gasket to vent any bypass oil, no one has reported one collapsing again.

I guess I'll find out if mine starts tapping some day. ugh I just do not wanna pull the heads on a daily with a garage filled with projects lol.
Turned it off... Replaced VLOM and intake gaskets.. Cleaned everything up for my friend...
Worked for about 6 months, then the tapping came back .. UGG

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't 'think' the gen 5 cams work in our gen 4 engines.. due to the fuel pump lobe
but i'm not 100%
The gwatney cam I used was the smallest on the shelf VVT cam I could find..
I have NOT used it with my blower (yet). But I think with the large intake/exhaust SPLIT
it would work really well. Blowers like a wide lobe sep angle as well.. Like 114 -118.
So if blower/turbo is in the future avoid the 108-112 lobe seps.
I have seen the comp cams VVT (no dod) cams at Summit racing.. The smallest one
is the one I'd recommend. IT's pretty close in specs to the one I have.
If you are going to a medium or big cam : skip the VVT it won't have any advantages
VVT on the gen 4 "basically" just does cam timing retard in certain places of load/rpm
to relieve vacuum pressure and increase fuel mileage
Oh wow. I must’ve gone into orbit for a few minutes there. I meant gen iv obviously but had a brain glitch. Sorry for any confusion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts