Differential issues on 2011 tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrjeirok

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need help trying to determine what is the problem. As I turn slowly rear wheel starts locking and shuddering both sides do it but only sometimes what could it be

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need help trying to determine what is the problem. As I turn slowly rear wheel starts locking and shuddering both sides do it but only sometimes what could it be
Pull the rear differential cover and see what’s going on. If everything looks good, at least you have fresh gear oil in there. If it’s bad, then you have your answer.

Any other things happening? ABS light on the dash?

How do the brakes look?

Have you put it up in jack stands and see how much side to side play you have in your rear axles? Any signs of gear oil leaking past your rear axle seals?

OP
OP
M

mrjeirok

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pull the rear differential cover and see what’s going on. If everything looks good, at least you have fresh gear oil in there. If it’s bad, then you have your answer.

Any other things happening? ABS light on the dash?

How do the brakes look?

Have you put it up in jack stands and see how much side to side play you have in your rear axles? Any signs of gear oil leaking past your rear axle seals?
No oil leak but left side axle has play in and out but my bearings on axle are bad replaced them 4 years ago but axle is scored. Definitely gonna check into diff today. Ty.

Connorhtx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m having the same issue , to the T! I just sent mine to the shop today. I only just found/joined this website. Been kind of at a loss with some of the work on my ppv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo