Did GM stop taking orders for 2021 Yukons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came from Indianapolis and the dealer there was very fair. A little less than MSRP and only 199.00 dealer fee. I see other dealers charging 1000 + for dealer fees. Some are gangsters, but not all of them....

gregtay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OOf.

I had SUCH a bad experience at a dealership yesterday. I had been contacting various dealerships about getting a 21 Denali about 5 weeks ago. I live in the Seattle area and there were ZERO denalis on any lots, and most inventory coming in was already spoken for. I worked with a dealership here in Bellevue and put a deposit (500) down on a vehicle. I get excited and get a call about a week ago that the car has been built and has a VIN so it's time to come in and sign.

The Sticker on the vehicle was 82,800, which I was FULLY expecting to pay. When I show up, they have the purchase price of the vehicle at 95k, and they won't budge, they say that they can and will fully sell the vehicle at that price. SUCH A JOKE.

So obviously I decline, as I'm not going to pay over sticker, i hate even paying sticker. I ask for the sales manager and ask him "so, if I were to custom build and order one, would you turn around and up charge me once the vehicle is delivered" He replies, it all depends on the incentives that month. So i say, what are the incentives this month. He says there aren't any. So i again ask, if there aren't any incentives the month when my vehicle arrives, will I pay what was agreed, or can they charge me anything they want. He says it all depends.

SUCH A JOKE!

Does anyone have any advice or input? I'm just about ready to stop pursuing this vehicle until they are able to make more, or until the 22 comes out.

I went to the same dealer :-/. I'm impressed they only asked you for a $500 deposit, they wanted $5k from me to hold an incoming car. They are a GMC and Cadillac dealer... for Escalades they want.... want for it... $30k over MSRP. And they won't budge off that number. Just dumb... really really really dumb. Then I found an escalade over in Yakama, agreed to purchase it at MSRP (the dealer made a point of telling me they wouldn't do to me what Seattle dealers were doing) and while they were working on the details and taking my deposit they GM decided he wanted $10k over. I walked. So I placed an order from a dealer in Indiana that honored my Supplier discount. Well work the trouble and cost of having the car shipped to Seattle. The dealer in Olympia isn't much better, said they wanted $15k-$30k over MSRP. I called all the dealers in California that had what I wanted and they all said $10k over.

Good luck.

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the same dealer :-/. I'm impressed they only asked you for a $500 deposit, they wanted $5k from me to hold an incoming car. They are a GMC and Cadillac dealer... for Escalades they want.... want for it... $30k over MSRP. And they won't budge off that number. Just dumb... really really really dumb. Then I found an escalade over in Yakama, agreed to purchase it at MSRP (the dealer made a point of telling me they wouldn't do to me what Seattle dealers were doing) and while they were working on the details and taking my deposit they GM decided he wanted $10k over. I walked. So I placed an order from a dealer in Indiana that honored my Supplier discount. Well work the trouble and cost of having the car shipped to Seattle. The dealer in Olympia isn't much better, said they wanted $15k-$30k over MSRP. I called all the dealers in California that had what I wanted and they all said $10k over.

Good luck.

There should be a law keeping dealers from doing this. Their straight screwing people over. Its pretty disgusting. GM shouldn't allow it too happen. Supply and demand. Its been a heck of a year.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the same way in FL too... Over sticker and outrageous dealer fees. I found vehicles I would have bought down there, but I wouldn't do it just on principle. I knew I could do better in IN and did. I'd drive out of state before I'd pay it !

Mxguy741

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also called that same dealer.

they also quoted me 12,995 over msrp and said I also had to buy their extended service package. I’m over 3 hours from them so even if I didn’t do my own services there is no way I would want that.

I did find a dealer selling for MSRP locally but I still have a hard time even doing that....

part of me wants to wait for inventory to settle out but the other part of me is thinking GM will have a price increase and I’ll be paying more later.

thoughtS????

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is a new world order, kind of like Housing currently... In housing, the asking price is just the opener. Try to find a house in most locales today that go for less than listing price....

Same with current MY vehicles.... You certainly can find vehicles that you can buy for less than sticker, but they are not the more popular or desired ones. In the hot SUV, PU Truck, and Luxury market, supply is flying off the shelves before it ever hits the ground at a dealer. Dealers have zero incentives to give any one any thing off the sticker and in a hot market , can charge what they want. 10 days ago when I bought my Denali, the dealer I used had 11 Yukon vehicles on the ground or arriving that week listed on his website. By the end of that week they were down to 3.
With tight chips well into the future, I don't see the pressure coming off hot vehicles for at least a year....and BTW they have been sneaking up delivery charges, accessories, and any other little sidebar charges they can without changing the vehicle price. My guess is that MY 2022 order books will be a good time to throw in a decent price increase and see if it slows the pace at all.... I'm saying it won't....

Last edited:

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is a new world order, kind of like Housing currently... In housing, the asking price is just the opener. Try to find a house in most locales today that go for less than listing price....
Same with current MY vehicles.... You certainly can find vehicles that you can buy for less than sticker, but they are not the more popular or desired ones. In the hot SUV, PU Truck, and Luxury market, supply is flying off the shelves before it ever hits the ground at a dealer. Dealers have zero incentives to give any one any thing off the sticker and in a hot market , can charge what they want. 10 days ago when I bought my Denali, the dealer I used had 11 Yukon vehicles on the ground or arriving that week listed on his website. By the end of that week they were down to 3.
With tight chips well into the future, I don't see the pressure coming off hot vehicles for at least a year....and BTW they have been sneaking up delivery charges, accessories, and any other little sidebar charges they can without changing the vehicle price. My guess is that MY 2022 order books will be a good time to throw in a decent price increase and see if it slows the pace at all.... I'm saying it won't....
GM snuck a $400 increase on delivery for new Tahoe’s over the last month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbeezy