Did GM stop taking orders for 2021 Yukons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yes we want a 3rd row for grandkids and their sports junk...But I just can't get behind BMW's, prices start high and they don't come equipped with anything.. then they go higher !
Then when you need service its 3-500.00 for something relatively simple that should be 50-100.00. They are reasonably sharp, but I really wanted another Diesel, as I really like the range and mileage in such a big package.... Hard to say, I'll be looking at incoming inventory over the next few months and see if I can get lucky on some thing coming in, don't have to have it today...

Marc Marc

Reaction score
OK, I am confused so please help me out. I just placed an order on Monday for a 2021 AT4; got an order number from the dealer here in Washington...are you all saying my new AT4 isn't going to get built?

OP
OP
J

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I am confused so please help me out. I just placed an order on Monday for a 2021 AT4; got an order number from the dealer here in Washington...are you all saying my new AT4 isn't going to get built?

No, it could still be built. All depends on the options you chose, allocations and priority.

Marc Marc

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply; I ordered just about all options including the Premium package and heavy duty tow package; all except 2nd row captains chairs (need the bench for passenger space).

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked again to my dealer yesterday, and if you order a fairly loaded anything, Denali, Esky, etc. He said it could be late summer for delivery if that, and you very well may get flipped to a MY 2022 before its all said and done. He said he has 30 paid orders for Corvettes and GM is only allowing him 1 a month, so some people won't see theirs for over 2 years !
Dejected about the whole process. Less than a month ago everyone said 12 weeks no problem...

RugbyRef

Reaction score
I talked again to my dealer yesterday, and if you order a fairly loaded anything, Denali, Esky, etc. He said it could be late summer for delivery if that, and you very well may get flipped to a MY 2022 before its all said and done. He said he has 30 paid orders for Corvettes and GM is only allowing him 1 a month, so some people won't see theirs for over 2 years !
Dejected about the whole process. Less than a month ago everyone said 12 weeks no problem...

Unfortunately, it's a case of the dealership "over-promising and under-delivering". I too ran into this when I ordered a 2020 C8 Corvette about a year ago. Got so tired of the run around I cancelled the order. Going to wait for the Z06 or Grand Sport version.

Plus...if I remember correctly there is a major shortage of critical components for the Tahoe's, Yukon's and Suburban's. Just read this off of Reuters News Service - https://www.reuters.com/article/gm-...o-cut-production-at-four-plants-idUSL1N2K91GH

Hang in there!

George100

Reaction score
Don't let a few bad experiences scare you off, these are the trucks to buy currently in the full size SUV category. When the 2022 expedition comes out, that might change but for 2021 nothing compares to GM. If you want reliability get the Sequoia, but it's almost the same price and is a 10 year old platform, has an extremely outdated cabin, gets worse gas mileage, tows less, less features, etc.

Totally in agreement with the above, when the reveal vehicles were put out there, Ford, Jeep Stelantis, or FCA or whatever they are calling themselves now were gobsmacked by what GM did. While Ford did Better with sales for the Expedition/Navigator it still is not enough for them to really make much of a *********** despite having a good vehicle. Even if they update in 2022 the vehicles will still not be any bigger and will lag the sextuplets. For the Grand Wagoneer, when it comes to market i will believe it. FCA barely was able to fund the Dodge Ram model and with the release of the sextuplets they are going to have to think hard about bringing that vehicle to market especially now that there is a 7 seat Grand Cherokee. There may be great profits but with Legendary FCA quality i dont give them a chance.

Ford, did however get spooked enough that they have brought the Excursion name back into the picture. The other brands are miniscule in the market, Toyota, Nissan

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been admiring a 2021 AT4 for a while.

I first saw one in person at a local dealer (not my closest, but one of the most aggressive price wise dealers, volume over top dollar).

When I was first looking, maybe 1.5 months ago, they were all pretty loaded and this dealer was setting out the door pricing at about $5K off MSRP. I just looked and all three he has now are priced at just under $75K, one of those was formerly priced at $66K.

They clearly see a squeeze on availability coming.

The dealer I mentioned above has sold all his new Yukon’s. His website shows zero in stock and none in transit. They usually list ones in transit ASAP.

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad year to buy a new anything, especially the Yukon. From CA to FL, most AT4's, SLT's are gone, marked up over MSRP. Everything in transit is sold. If you find one on the lot, it will not have the Max Trailer Option. Now they are saying the SLT Premium Package is not available. Dealer allocations are dwindling.

On a positive note, it is a sellers market. Sold our 11' SLT, which was near perfect condition for 2k over high BB value :) I guess I will keep flintstoning it for another year :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu