Did GM stop taking orders for 2021 Yukons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uptown_nyc

Reaction score
I’m trying to think of what else compares in terms of similar size and price. Maybe the Ford Expedition?

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to think of what else compares in terms of similar size and price. Maybe the Ford Expedition?
Don't let a few bad experiences scare you off, these are the trucks to buy currently in the full size SUV category. When the 2022 expedition comes out, that might change but for 2021 nothing compares to GM. If you want reliability get the Sequoia, but it's almost the same price and is a 10 year old platform, has an extremely outdated cabin, gets worse gas mileage, tows less, less features, etc.

OP
OP
J

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I really cannot think of anything if you're specifically referring to the Denali. Ford interior seems like a step down. QX80 lacks the tech. Everything else is priced way up there (Lexus LX, Caddy, Lincoln).

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't let a few bad experiences scare you off, these are the trucks to buy currently in the full size SUV category. When the 2022 expedition comes out, that might change but for 2021 nothing compares to GM. If you want reliability get the Sequoia, but it's almost the same price and is a 10 year old platform, has an extremely outdated cabin, gets worse gas mileage, tows less, less features, etc.
Sounds like the Sequoia is getting a total redesign for the 2022 model. I am excited to see it along with the Grand Wagoneer. Not sure yet if we are going to replace our 2021 with another Tahoe or not yet. I just wish Covid would go away so the makers would show off their new stuff at auto shows :(

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you can wait, wait. I've had a 2016 F150, which had basically the same interior as the current Expedition and it was extremely low quality. I've had 2 Grand Cherokees and a 2019 Ram, so from experience I can't image the Waggoner being less reliable than these Tahoe/Yukon's. Just wait a little to see what the competition will offer soon, if you can.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with the JEEP's is they've been promising these for going on 3 years... By the time they actually get built, you can actually order one, and put it in your garage... could easily be 1 yr more+... All makes are facing the same supply issues now and it doesn't look like it will be easing anytime soon. It only takes 1 part...any part... not available, and the whole party shuts down....

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Sequoia is getting a total redesign for the 2022 model. I am excited to see it along with the Grand Wagoneer. Not sure yet if we are going to replace our 2021 with another Tahoe or not yet. I just wish Covid would go away so the makers would show off their new stuff at auto shows :(
Im a big Toyota fan and really wanted the Sequoia but it's just too dated. I'm also excited to see the next generation of it. They have a lot of work to do to modernize it.

RugbyRef

Reaction score
My wife and I looked at quite a few luxury SUV's before deciding on our Denali. It actually came down to a decision between our Denali and the Genesis GV80. Although the GV80 is undeniably hi-tech and luxurious, it only sports a twin-turbo 3.5L motor. I was looking for pulling power and a bit more size, so we went with our 2021 Yukon Denali.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I looked at quite a few luxury SUV's before deciding on our Denali. It actually came down to a decision between our Denali and the Genesis GV80. Although the GV80 is undeniably hi-tech and luxurious, it only sports a twin-turbo 3.5L motor. I was looking for pulling power and a bit more size, so we went with our 2021 Yukon Denali.

I briefly looked at the Genesis also, but what scared me the most is the dealer network is pretty new and far apart.. With nearest one 150 miles away, just made me to nervous if a lot of 1st year problems... Sadly, with the ability to order a Denali or Esky the way I want slipping away, I may look at the new 2022 Acura MDX....

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I briefly looked at the Genesis also, but what scared me the most is the dealer network is pretty new and far apart.. With nearest one 150 miles away, just made me to nervous if a lot of 1st year problems... Sadly, with the ability to order a Denali or Esky the way I want slipping away, I may look at the new 2022 Acura MDX....

Not sure if you need the third row, but at the Denali/Escalade price point wondering if you have considered an X7?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins