DIC to display digital speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craigwe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2008 yukon XL. is there a mod or programming option to have the speed be displayed in a digital form in the DIC like later model years?

also is there a feature to enable to display a digital coolant temp value in the DIC also? or am i stuck with just a scan tool on that one?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never heard of anyone getting that programmed in, if it is possible it might take a bit of work, you could get a maestro rr and compatible head unit and have all that and more displayed on the radio, that's what I have in mine

IMG_20190814_162601.jpg IMG_20190814_162429.jpg

Reaction score
I can view my speed digitally on the DIC, but mines a 2012

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
C

Craigwe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it seems like 2012 and newer got it. im wondering if it can be enabled on the earlier models as im unable to find much on this in forums. i t would be kind of nice to be able to mod the dash to enable this.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
See if you can swap a dash from an '09 Escalade into your vehicle. I believe they had the digital speed on their display.

OP
OP
C

Craigwe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the replies. i was just surprised to not find any mods or hacks for this since its basically the same dash used across the years.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies. i was just surprised to not find any mods or hacks for this since its basically the same dash used across the years.
it's not the dash that would make any difference it's the cluster and/possibly the bcm, the only thing I can suggest to try is to get a cluster from a later model year, plug it in and see if the feature comes up, the clusters are programmed by the vin code, so if you just grab a random one it may show features that you do not have like power steps or blind spot, etc, if you have a speedometer shop around town you could also try having them re-program your cluster with a later model vin number. trying to hack it is just going down a rabbit hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts